Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 01:47 PM

Re: Strangest things.

I have only told my husband and best friend because I know people will think I'm bonkers but here I am telling people I never met, here goes.

When I was 24 years old, I had an ectopic pregnancy, was taken for surgery and I was sleeping the day after surgery when my soul slowly left my body and was rising, you have heard the age old 'bright light' well I'm telling you that is right, my soul was heading to a very bright light above me and it was almost like i was looking over my own body. I then heard a mans voice (I have no idea what man as I didn't recognise the voice) but the man said 'Beverley isn't ready to come yet' and what I say was my soul immediately returned to my body at a huge speed, like it was dropped if that makes sense. I'm feeling pretty silly typing all this but at the same time, I'm enjoying that I can share with people, like I say, I have only ever told my husband and my best friend as I know they wouldn't make fun of what I believe to be an out of body experience.

Make of that what you will but I truly do think I had an out of body experience. I was seriously ill and almost died because the tube had ruptured, I am very, very lucky to even be here.

There I've said it.

I know the sceptics and disbelievers will look for a logical explanation like a dream but I kid you not, that was no dream, it was very real.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I have only told my husband and best friend because I know people will think I'm bonkers but here I am telling people I never met, here goes.

When I was 24 years old, I had an ectopic pregnancy, was taken for surgery and I was sleeping the day after surgery when my soul slowly left my body and was rising, you have heard the age old 'bright light' well I'm telling you that is right, my soul was heading to a very bright light above me and it was almost like i was looking over my own body. I then heard a mans voice (I have no idea what man as I didn't recognise the voice) but the man said 'Beverley isn't ready to come yet' and what I say was my soul immediately returned to my body at a huge speed, like it was dropped if that makes sense. I'm feeling pretty silly typing all this but at the same time, I'm enjoying that I can share with people, like I say, I have only ever told my husband and my best friend as I know they wouldn't make fun of what I believe to be an out of body experience.

Make of that what you will but I truly do think I had an out of body experience. I was seriously ill and almost died because the tube had ruptured, I am very, very lucky to even be here.

There I've said it, anyone who makes fun of me

I know the sceptics and disbelievers will look for a logical explanation like a dream but I kid you not, that was no dream, it was very real.

You should never fear what others may think ,it can hold us back.

I believe everything you say here, I have had an experience where there was a bright light, i also believe what that bright light was........I can so relate to your experience...I’m happy that you shared it,
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
You should never fear what others may think ,it can hold us back.

I believe everything you say here, I have had an experience where there was a bright light, i also believe what that bright light was........I can so relate to your experience...I’m happy that you shared it,
thank you, while I heard about the bright light ive never known anyone it happened to, its kind of comforting to know someone who can identify with my experience. . I wonder if there are many out there who the same experience happens to but they dont talk about it for fear of ridicule like me.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

26-01-2021, 02:10 PM

I will never forget the time,I had an emergency section, when I was put out, I remember like, going down a tunnel, where there were ,hard to explain, people deciding if it was my time, they were all saying it’s not time, even though I had no faith then, I told my story to family members ,and believed God saved me,....after that section,I was told I had haemorrhage badly and advised never to have any more children, that was 34 yrs ago, still vivid in my memory ,as though it happened yesterday, The tunnel that is.
Oh my word, I've just read this, this is almost identical to my experience except I cant describe it as a tunnel, just an open space where the light was very high up wow, this is making me feel better to know im not alone in my experience wow
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Oh my word, I've just read this, this is almost identical to my experience except I cant describe it as a tunnel, just an open space where the light was very high up wow, this is making me feel better to know im not alone in my experience wow
LQ, if anyone ridicule you for saying that, about the bright light, that is their problem, from what I read of your posts, you are a very open person, I don’t mean in the sense of discussing all of your business,......hope you understand what I’m trying to say, you are a open person not a complicated one..... also an empath.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 02:44 PM

When I worked for a local hospital I was in the cafe opposite. Came out of the toilet and an elderly man at the counter asked ‘will you marry me.’

Now, he could have been a very rich gentleman, able to keep me in the manner to which I could become accustomed. Or he could have just been a silly old man with a sense of humour. Or just being silly.

I just politely replied ‘sorry, I’m not in the market’, my stock response to anyone I couldn’t take a fancy to.

Never had a proposal before, or since. Or been in relationships, lol.

Wonder what would have happened had I said yes?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 02:50 PM

That sounds interesting, can you explain further,ST?
It's a bit of a long story but am happy to tell - are you sure you want to know?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

26-01-2021, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
It's a bit of a long story but am happy to tell - are you sure you want to know?
I do if Pauline doesn't lol x
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

26-01-2021, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

Absolutely! Of course!.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Meg I don't think your grandchildren ever met their grandfather. Have you ever thought of writing about things you did together and the good and bad times you had?
My mum's father was very ill after WW1, so died long before I was born, and I feel that I know very little about him.
I just think that when they are a bit older they may want to know more about the grandpa they never met & you may have photos and stories of him that you are happy to share.

It is just a thought , as I know my grandpa is almost a stranger to me, and you may enjoy sharing some memories with them.... especially when you could do it during lockdown.
Hi Twink my grandchildren have a replica of their grandfather in my son who looks exactly like his father and 3 of my grandchildren look like him too ...without the mustache
I kept a box of love letter for them and my son knows all the stories which he tells. He has also found articles about his father's work on defence equipment which appeared when he Googled his name . There are also some old films of my husband take when he took part in amateur dramatics .
I don't think I could write a lot in detail myself, it would be too painful to think about it for any length of time.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top