Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 10:53 PM

Re: Strangest things.

Momentum for strangers (and interest) is hard to maintain over a 50 year period.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 11:00 PM

What is the strangest thing that has happened to you?

Realising that a beautiful young woman found me attractive.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I have only told my husband and best friend because I know people will think I'm bonkers but here I am telling people I never met, here goes.

When I was 24 years old, I had an ectopic pregnancy, was taken for surgery and I was sleeping the day after surgery when my soul slowly left my body and was rising, you have heard the age old 'bright light' well I'm telling you that is right, my soul was heading to a very bright light above me and it was almost like i was looking over my own body. I then heard a mans voice (I have no idea what man as I didn't recognise the voice) but the man said 'Beverley isn't ready to come yet' and what I say was my soul immediately returned to my body at a huge speed, like it was dropped if that makes sense. I'm feeling pretty silly typing all this but at the same time, I'm enjoying that I can share with people, like I say, I have only ever told my husband and my best friend as I know they wouldn't make fun of what I believe to be an out of body experience.

Make of that what you will but I truly do think I had an out of body experience. I was seriously ill and almost died because the tube had ruptured, I am very, very lucky to even be here.

There I've said it.

I know the sceptics and disbelievers will look for a logical explanation like a dream but I kid you not, that was no dream, it was very real.
I do not wish to diminish or denigrate your experience, but what you have written very closely mimics what I wrote for my English O- Level exam paper in the summer of 1972.

I passed.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
I do not wish to diminish or denigrate your experience, but what you have written very closely mimics what I wrote for my English O- Level exam paper in the summer of 1972.

I passed.
Have you reincarnated?
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera

26-01-2021, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Have you reincarnated?
Not yet. Hopefully I will find time in the future to do so.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

26-01-2021, 11:19 PM

Yes, most folks hope for the passage of time to be kind.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 11:21 PM

Does anyone remember an experiment that was done at some hospital, whose name escapes me, where objects were placed high on shelves in operating theatres to test the theory of out of body experiences , the idea being if you had an oob, you could be asked what was on the shelves, and therefore proving the out of body experience exists...can’t remember how long ago it was done, or even if it was done, but I’m sure I read about it...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

26-01-2021, 11:26 PM

I remember a pub joke where the steaks were to high.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Twink my grandchildren have a replica of their grandfather in my son who looks exactly like his father and 3 of my grandchildren look like him too ...without the mustache
I kept a box of love letter for them and my son knows all the stories which he tells. He has also found articles about his father's work on defence equipment which appeared when he Googled his name . There are also some old films of my husband take when he took part in amateur dramatics .
I don't think I could write a lot in detail myself, it would be too painful to think about it for any length of time.
That is even better than my suggestion Meg! I always think that, if you read love letters, it tells you a lot about the person that wrote them.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top