Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 09:52 PM

Re: Britain's Got Talent could be scrapped in 2021

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Who is she .....
She was a contestant from a small Scottish village in the highlands and appeared for an audition on the X factor Omah. They all laughed at her naivety by wanting to sing like Elaine Page, but when she walked on to the stage it only took a few seconds before they realised she was something quite special. Simon Cowell's eyes lit up as he thought about the money that would come rolling in. I believe that after a brief career, including a tour of America, she didn't like the life of a superstar and returned to her village.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2021, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Yes, she was/is brilliant as was Paul Potts, but it's well past it's sell by date now.
It's years since I last watched BGT, same for X Factor, which is also well past it's SBD.

Never watched The Voice, or the Masked Singer either (can't be bothered Googling, are they the same programme?).
I agree Pesta, one of the reasons I stopped watching X Factor and BGT is that everything seems so manufactured now and I don't think they can produce the same anticipation that I used to enjoy while waiting for the next surprise contestant. Too many no hopers who don't take it seriously anymore, including the judges.

I don't watch the 'Masked Singer' it just doesn't appeal to me, but the voice isn't half bad and the judges are quite professional in their assessment of the contestants, who sing to a very high standard although I think they have been auditioned earlier and only the best get through to the televised version.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 05:47 PM

They can scrap BGT completely for all I care.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top