Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 05:06 PM

Re: How many times!!

I did it last night .

I have a cupboard in the garage and a hook concealed in the cupboard on which hangs a front door key and a key to the door between the garage and the kitchen.
The keys are covered by an old dog coat which hides them . I lock the garage when I go on holiday
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 05:09 PM

Never but my ex did once and I got the blame (I was at work at the time and just couldn't get away) because she had left the back door open and went out the front. The wind caused the front door to slam shut. Couldn't get round to the back because the garage was in the way.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I did it last night .

I have a cupboard in the garage and a hook concealed in the cupboard on which hangs a front door key and a key to the door between the garage and the kitchen.
The keys are covered by an old dog coat which hides them . I lock the garage when I go on holiday
You locked yourself out last night,Meg,

Good job you have that safe place then....

Do you ever get scared, being so isolated?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Never but my ex did once and I got the blame (I was at work at the time and just couldn't get away) because she had left the back door open and went out the front. The wind caused the front door to slam shut. Couldn't get round to the back because the garage was in the way.

I always make sure I have my keys now, as soon as I think ,dog walk, keys come into my mind, straight away, I check and double check, that they are in my pocket.

Then I get so far up the road and my mind says, are you sure your keys are in your pocket, so it makes me doubt, have to check my pocket again......after that, if it starts again, I just tell it to shut up!...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

27-01-2021, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Might be good idea to get a keysafe.

https://keysafe.co.uk/products.html

Thank you,Cinders, I’m going to be ordering one, as a carer I have used them often.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 11:09 PM

Not exactly locked ourselves out, but a while back we returned home from a shopping expedition to find the lock broke when I tried to turn the key, it just spun round and round without doing anything. The door was one of those five bolt things, so it was impossible to kick it in....I tried and failed miserably.

After pondering the situation for a while, the bloke who lives at the back of our house came round to see what the fuss was all about. He thought we were being burgled!...
Fortunately, he fits PVC windows and doors for a living and came round with his drill, it still took an hour to release the five bolts....Good job it was a cold day, and we managed to salvage all the frozen stuff....
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 02:48 AM

Never, but I have helped a couple of people who locked themselves out.

I used a ladder to climb through an open bathroom window after a neighbour of my Lovely Cousin's grandfather locker herself and her young child out.

When my neighbours opposite did the same, I removed the beading round a window, took the double glazed unit out, then climbed through to unlock their back door.
This is why windows should be fitted from the inside so burglars can't do that.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 08:44 AM

MY daughter keeps my spare key so no problems if I lock myself out. She only lives across the park from me.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 08:48 AM

Never happened here, its such a safe neighbourhood, we all leave our front doors open.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
You locked yourself out last night,Meg,

Good job you have that safe place then....

Do you ever get scared, being so isolated?
I get locked out a lot with Chloe Pauline because I go out of the front door with a Yale lock and shut it behind me and back in through the garage to clean Chloe and I forget to unbolt the door into the kitchen so I then have to unlock the front door and go round.

No I don't get scared and there are other houses around , I would be a lot more scared living in a town with lots of strangers around.
I live on a no-through-road right at the end so anyone coming down coming here has to go back the same way no quick getaways .

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top