Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 03:02 PM

"UK best advert for Brexit"...(vaccines )

...and that's coming from Die Zeit, who say the EU is "acting slowly, bureaucratically and protectionist" regarding the delay in ordering vaccines. It praises the UK vaccination policy as "evidence the EU is too bureaucratic & slow and is now left behind". Wow. The Remainer trolls in various UK newspaper comment sections remain conspicuously silent...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeEbtiruH2Q

(Replace 'Warriors' with 'Remainers')
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 03:20 PM

Re: "UK best advert for Brexit"...(vaccines )

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Wow. The Remainer trolls in various UK newspaper comment sections remain conspicuously silent...
The UK's mainstream media themselves usually hide such stories well away from their main pages if they even bother to report them.
They are usually only interested in negativity, whether that be Brexit-bashing or government-bashing.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
...and that's coming from Die Zeit, who say the EU is "acting slowly, bureaucratically and protectionist" regarding the delay in ordering vaccines. It praises the UK vaccination policy as "evidence the EU is too bureaucratic & slow and is now left behind". Wow. The Remainer trolls in various UK newspaper comment sections remain conspicuously silent...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeEbtiruH2Q

(Replace 'Warriors' with 'Remainers')
It's the ultimate opportunity for the EU to flex their muscles and demonstrate how much control they now have over the 27.

The EU controlling distribution of vaccines to the member states and control over exports should be regarded as a light version of political ethnic cleansing. Who gets what and on what quantity is determined on a set of criteria determined by the EU Commission. Warehousing vaccines is denying the most vulnerable a better chance of survival.

Very much different to here in the UK.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 04:02 PM

Well who gets how much dosh to recover from the financial effects of the virus is controlled the same way, so at least they are consistent in how they are asserting their power.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Well who gets how much dosh to recover from the financial effects of the virus is controlled the same way, so at least they are consistent in how they are asserting their power.
Yep, why stop just at health when they can make a power grab over the economies too.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

27-01-2021, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Yep, why stop just at health when they can make a power grab over the economies too.
Some people think that the canny Scots will really decide that they want that?
Hah, right.
Not.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 04:11 PM

My flabber was absolutely gasted this morning when I saw on both Sky News and BBC News channels that the EU was demanding that AstraZenica publish the contracts it had with customers for its Covid vaccine - just because last night the CEO mentioned a couple of the paragraphs in an interview with journo.

From what I can gather, the CEO said that the contract with the EU mentions "no fixed deliverables" so, if my understanding is correct, most judges would throw this straight out of court especially as AstraZenica is an Anglo-Swedish company.

This is just another example of the EU's total incompetence.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

27-01-2021, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
My flabber was absolutely gasted this morning when I saw on both Sky News and BBC News channels that the EU was demanding that AstraZenica publish the contracts it had with customers for its Covid vaccine - just because last night the CEO mentioned a couple of the paragraphs in an interview with journo.

From what I can gather, the CEO said that the contract with the EU mentions "no fixed deliverables" so, if my understanding is correct, most judges would throw this straight out of court especially as AstraZenica is an Anglo-Swedish company.

The EU based the contracts on price, not on guaranteed supply like the UK.

This is just the EU trying to bully AZ and Oxford University. They will be ignored as usual.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2021, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->

Likewise Percy I was astounded by the cheek of the EU .
I am so glad our government decide not to take part in the joint EU purchase of vaccines last summer but to go it alone and they got a lot of criticism for that decision in some quarters.

As I understand it, we the UK took a chance on the AZ vaccine providing funding allowing production to go ahead long before we knew it was a viable option and approval was given , this could have cost us dear.
Did the EU do this I think not.

The truth of the matter is the EU 'backed the wrong horses' when it came to vaccines then got their orders in late and we are now seeing spiteful sour grapes from the EU
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

27-01-2021, 05:36 PM

The EU is behaving as if it is its own country.

Very worrying

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top