Join for free
Page 9 of 13 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 01:10 PM

Re: What if Scotland got their independence?

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Yes, and all the more reason for us to start fracking in a big way. Either that or build many more new nuclear power stations.

I think the eco-warriors will soon shut their gobs when their mummies and daddies start to experience electricity outages.
As long as it's done in the South-East instead of up here. Too many times has the poor North been exploited for the benefit of the rich South. When they finally run out of water, they will insist on pipe-lines being run to the North to drain our reservoirs.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
As long as it's done in the South-East instead of up here. Too many times has the poor North been exploited for the benefit of the rich South. When they finally run out of water, they will insist on pipe-lines being run to the North to drain our reservoirs.
True, although I wouldn't mind if they did it in my neighbour's back garden.

(Not ours, as Marge would go mad if they messed up all her nice flowers.)
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
They're all part of Scotland, except the Isle of Sheppey which is in Kent.
Oops, told you I was no good at the lie of the land!!

Thanks for letting me know about the other Isles though Ray. I wasn't sure whether they were similar to those of Jersey, Guernsey, etc.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 03:05 PM

That idea has already been promoted by some in the last 12months and before.
That means our water rates will rise again to cover the cost.

Thinking about how many houses have been turned into flats now and obviously the greatest numbers would be in London and the South East. Where one family would use the water, there could easily be 2 or 3 families using it, and in houses with possibly 10 people or more living imagine the water usage ! Staggering amounts ! I wonder if they are all on water metres, because they should be.
Annette
Germany
Annette is female  Annette has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 03:58 PM

Sturgeon says shutting parliament 'is not democracy, it's dictatorship'

Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon says PM Boris Johnson's move to shut parliament was undemocratic.

She told the BBC: “This is absolutely outrageous. Shutting down parliament in order to force through a no-deal Brexit - which will do untold and lasting damage to the country against the wishes of MPs - is not democracy, it is dictatorship.

“If MPs don't come together next week to stop Boris Johnson in his tracks, then I think today will go down in history as the day UK democracy died. This simply can't be allowed to happen."

Guess that is the next step towards Scotlands independance.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Annette ->

Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon says PM Boris Johnson's move to shut parliament was undemocratic.

She told the BBC: “This is absolutely outrageous. Shutting down parliament in order to force through a no-deal Brexit - which will do untold and lasting damage to the country against the wishes of MPs - is not democracy, it is dictatorship.

“If MPs don't come together next week to stop Boris Johnson in his tracks, then I think today will go down in history as the day UK democracy died. This simply can't be allowed to happen."

You dont believe her do you Annette,? You obviously know
She is a politician!

Regards Donkeyman!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Annette ->

If Scotland want independence then let them have another vote. If that fails again, Sturgeon should shut the hell up.

If the vote comes out in favour of leaving the Union, let them go their own way and let them apply for membership of Sturgeon's beloved EU if that's what they want.

True democracy in action, not Sturgeon's view of democracy.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 06:20 PM

If Scotland want independence then let them have another vote. If that fails again, Sturgeon should shut the hell up.

If the vote comes out in favour of leaving the Union, let them go their own way and let them apply for membership of Sturgeon's beloved EU if that's what they want.

True democracy in action, not Sturgeon's view of democracy.
Exactly. Scotland want's to make up its mind whether it remains in the UK and leaves the EU or leaves the UK and tries to join the EU. I believe that the majority of Scots still don't want to leave the UK, but who knows?

Personally, I can't see the EU finding Scotland very attractive. The SNP and the Fish Woman do nothing but whinge about becoming independent, so I wonder how long they'll remain in the EU (even if they are accepted) before they want to leave them!

Another problem (for them) is what currency will they use if they leave the UK? If they join the EU it will undoubtedly be the Euro, as I can't think of any independent currency they could use. If that is the case, they will be handing their economy over to Germany, and good luck to them.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 07:08 PM

It wasn't a massive win for independence things may change in another vote... May not, have to wait n see. As for the EU, again it wasn't a massive difference to stay. A hell of a lot of us want to leave the UK but certainly do not want to return to the EU.
It's anybodies guess as to what the future holds for all four parts of the Union, it may hold on and again it may blow apart.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2019, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
It wasn't a massive win for independence

No, it was quite a decisive win for the Union

A hell of a lot of us want to leave the UK but certainly do not want to return to the EU.
But that's SNP policy

Page 9 of 13 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top