Join for free
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2013, 02:48 AM

Wish us luck

Have mentioned elsewhere that we have three moggies, oldest and youngest have never been any trouble, but the middle makes up for that. From a bout of feline enteritis two days after we got her, to an almost permanent skin condition triggered initially by an allergy to flea bites, she kept us back and forth to vets for years.

Then after almost two years (when vets could not agree whether her constant grooming and virtual baldness was hormonal, nervous, or allergy - despite total elimination of fleas even 'bombing' flat twice to make sure), suddenly her fur grew in and she did not look back. Talk about thick soft fur, she is amazing.

But, she is a fuss pot. We changed the cat litter to that wood pellet type, and she just refused to use it. We ended getting her those puppy trainer pads and moving them closer to litter tray, but no go. So we had to change back.

But then we noticed that she seemed to be becoming incontinent, little puddles and drips, which seemed to be slightly pink. Research confirmed it was probably cystitis but also advised vit.C tablets. Which seemed to work, until last night that is.

I noticed she seemed to be straining in the tray, and assumed she was maybe a little constipated. But then last night my son came into my bed room freaking out. He had picked her off his bed inadvertently squeezing her abdomen and this bright red gelatinous blob dropped onto the floor. It must have been blocking her uretha because she immediately rushed off to tray and did an enormous wee.

Anyway he insisted on phoning vets for appointment, which is later today. Oh Lordy I hope the news is not too bad as he would be devastated.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2013, 08:34 AM

Re: Wish us luck

How awful for you and your Son and a great worry I bet.I will keep everything crossed and hope for the best .Good Luck .
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2013, 10:59 AM

Thank you, just about ready to leave now.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2013, 12:24 PM

Poor puss - I hope she is OK !
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2013, 12:58 PM

Aren't our animals a worry at times, sounds like the vet is the best way forward. Some things we can treat ourselves, but others need the professionals. Wish vets weren't so dear though! Good luck puss.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys

15-11-2013, 12:59 PM

Just got back from vets, and all is well. Just as I thought she had cystitis and the blob thingy was apparently typical. Anyway he gave her a double jab antibiotic and steroid £44! Learned something though. I always understood that dried food, or at least too much of it caused bladder problems, but he said no that that info is about twenty years out of date. Learn something every day huh?

He said that not only does it clean teeth, it makes them drink more and therefore keeps bladder healthy. He also suggests getting omega 3, 6, & 9 capsules from health food shop and either squirting it I to her mouth or on to fur.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2013, 01:02 PM

So pleased for you Daisymay, I am sure she will soon feel alot more comfortable. Well done both.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top