Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 08:59 PM

Re: Posts I never read..

Paragraphs, like punctuation, serve a purpose: they make the text not only easier to read, but also clarify the meaning.

From the title of the well-known book:

Eats shoots and leaves. (An animal)

or

Eats, shoots and leaves. (A gangster)

For that reason, I always make an attempt to write my responses with the good of the reader in mind.

On the other hand, I may well state an opinion with which many do not agree, but that's their look out!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Mea Culpa
Sorry but I sometimes worry about getting it down on paper as such, in such a rush, when I do have a lot to say that I forget the paragraphs and punctuation.
I'm also guilty of using quotation marks incorrectly and not using them when using written speech.
I sometimes think that if I leave a blank space or line I'm wasting Mb of the forums storage space. I use a small 7 inch tablet or phone so I'm typing one finger.

I also worry about adding to threads that are a couple of days old. Today I want to add to the Christmas lights thread with some photos as well but the thread is now a couple of days old so do I just add or should I start a new thread which seems wrong to me.
I think like that too MC. I quite often feel I want to add something to a thread that might be a couple of days old, but chicken out.
You should go for it with your photos in the thread that's already started... photos are always good to look at
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 09:46 PM

Now old threads are a different matter.

I kinda like it if they're given new life. They've only fizzled out because we all thought that was it .... new stuff tacked onto them is good.
Go for it MC.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 09:47 PM

MC, I agree with Pesta. Go for it.

Some people suddenly add to a thread that is YEARS old, so a couple of days is nothing at all to worry about.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 10:01 PM

TBH I've not seen a post that is a complete block of words, but then I do not read all threads

I've explained before on another forum, I'm dislexic and struggle with finding the word I want to write. Life is easier with a keyboard and auto correct and spell checker, but if I'm struggling on how a word even begins to be spelled, I'm knackered

Takes me an age to format a post, so I understand other people's struggles

Yes paragraphs make life easier, but as long as someone is having their voice heard, what does it really matter in the great scheme of things if they do t put them in?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Yes paragraphs make life easier, but as long as someone is having their voice heard, what does it really matter in the great scheme of things if they do t put them in?
Quite simply, if they don't put them in there's a distinct possibility that they won't be read!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 11:05 PM

I don't read every thread, simply 'cos I'm never here overly long.

What I get boggled down with more than anything is the oh so long posts. Whilst the post/s might be informative, I feel like my life is passing me by and have to give up.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Quite simply, if they don't put them in there's a distinct possibility that they won't be read!

I think that is true JBR.
Paul1234
New Member!
Merseyside
Paul1234 is male 

05-12-2017, 08:41 PM

Yes it is

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top