Join for free
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2014, 04:46 PM

Rory Calhoun LOL ......

Anyone remember him ?
Hubs just informed me he's in a film next week - I laughed and said I saw his 'double' down Lordship Lane years ago.
He was coming towards me and I was so stunned me eyes were on stalks looking at him - as I walked, he caught me eye and we locked onto each others stare - as we walked past one another, I looked back to see him looking back at me !
As I walked on I thought, 'What's Rory doing walking down Lordship Lane' .......
Have you ever seen the double of someone - love to hear it ...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2014, 04:51 PM

Re: Rory Calhoun LOL ......

Here he is ..........
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2014, 05:47 PM

Yes I do remember Rory Patsy, he looked a charming fellow, always played the good cowboy and all the girls were nuts about him, he never really was a 'Superstar' but he was always kept busy making films in his day.
When I was a teenager I loved Janet Munro in films, such a lovely face and always smiling too, one day in work a new office girl started and she was the spit of Janet Munro, things are looking up in this old dump I says to myself, unfortunately she turned out to be a right bitch, and I never saw her smile once in the six weeks she was there. after that disappointment I couldn't care less who got the office job, Edward G Robinson's mother would have been better fun.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

12-08-2014, 06:29 PM

Such a laugh you gave me there Jem
When I was around 5 year old - me dad sent me to the local greengrocer, I walked in and there before me he stood - Benny Goodman !! I froze for a minute then ran back to me dad 'You've gotta come - Benny Goodman is in the shop !'
Dad came with me and they both had a good laugh, but that guy that owned that shop, was his double
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2014, 11:40 AM

Francis Timothy McCown aka Rory Calhoun.
Thought he was lovely when I was younger. Always liked my
Cowboys. Not heard about him for ages. Thanks for the
memory.
Loved him with Marilyn Monroe in River of No Return.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2014, 06:18 PM

It was Robert Mitchum who starred with Marilyn Monroe in 'River of no return' BowieEyes.
I know because I used to love Robert Mitchum!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

13-08-2014, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
It was Robert Mitchum who starred with Marilyn Monroe in 'River of no return' BowieEyes.
I know because I used to love Robert Mitchum!
You're right Carol but Rory was also in it - so you're both right
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2014, 09:19 PM

Oh was he? Sorry BowieEyes - I only had eyes for Robert Mitchum - I couldn't have told you who else was in it.

My apologies to Rory Calhoun too..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

14-08-2014, 06:17 AM

Well at least you were right on one point - Robert Mitchum 'starred' in the film

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top