Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2014, 11:16 AM

Re: Hundred Year Old Drivers

I had it on and was watching while reading but the old dear who was told by her family not to drive any more (and who jokingly told her daughter she'd left her out of her will!) reminded me of my dear departed mum. After her accident (and before we went on our ill fated cruise) the hospital told her she shouldn't still be driving so she said, ok, I won't! As easy as that. Her car was written off anyway, and, had she lived, would have been able to use public transport nearby, and we would have continued to visit her in the retirement home.

All of us (my siblings and I) had privately voiced our concerns at her ability to continue driving.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2014, 05:30 PM

Surely one's reflexes would not be good enough to drive at 100yrs old - would they ?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2014, 06:09 PM

Dunno. But that old boy also made me laugh saying he was better at driving than walking!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top