Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 04:37 PM

Re: Cilla = Fab !

I really enjoyed it. The 60s was SO well portrayed and like others I was transported back to my youth. Actress superb, and interesting to see how Cilla started from such simple surroundings.

I wondered if she was still friends with some of her *then* friends.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Celyn ->
I really enjoyed it. The 60s was SO well portrayed and like others I was transported back to my youth. Actress superb, and interesting to see how Cilla started from such simple surroundings.

I wondered if she was still friends with some of her *then* friends.

She is Celyn - especially Pat, her best friend still today (the blond one)
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 06:06 PM

That's lovely to know, Patsy.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 07:48 PM

I'll definitely watch it on catch up.

My mum won't be watching it because she remembers Cilla saying a few years ago that once she hit 70, just to put her down! Changed days Cilla. Most of us get there, love. You;re still doing well, so don't knock it.
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.
Malc.27 is male  Malc.27 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2014, 10:08 PM

Just watched the second part...Great! ....We could do with more '60s drama t.v. shows like this!
I'm betting that Sheridan Smith will be releasing an album of songs from the series...Watch this space!
Malc.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2014, 07:29 AM

I turned off half way through...couldn't tolerate the gay club scenes!!

IMO, spoilt what could have been a good programme, so I ended up not watching the second half!

Signed, Disgusted of East London
Enfys
South Wales
Enfys is female  Enfys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2014, 07:40 AM

I also thought the gay club scene was a bit ott,but on the whole it's a good series.Wonder how many youngsters were amazed with the telephone scene?!
Where have I seen the actress who plays Cilla's mum before?
Celyn
Hampshire

23-09-2014, 08:50 AM

I think it's brilliant. Gay club scenes may have been OTT but that's how it was/is so gives some insight into a world that many of us know little about.

Melanie Hill plays Cilla's Mum. She has been around for years. As a younger woman played Aveline in Bread. Read her Miki page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melanie_Hill
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2014, 09:44 AM

We both enjoyed it, and gay scenes didn't last long anyway, although would have preferred not to have seen that part, but I suppose it explains to us that he didn't walk into a door.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2014, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I turned off half way through...couldn't tolerate the gay club scenes!!

IMO, spoilt what could have been a good programme, so I ended up not watching the second half!

Signed, Disgusted of East London
I'm watching it tonight Jazzi, I'll just run on any bits I don't like, rather than miss this drama - unlike other dramas that I do switch off, I think this is worth sticking with - I'll let you know tomorrow .........

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top