Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2014, 01:01 PM

Re: Cilla = Fab !

I had it switched on but I think I was asleep through most of it. I'm not fond of Cilla but I think that Sheridan is a great actress........and a better singer than Cilla too.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2014, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I turned off half way through...couldn't tolerate the gay club scenes!!

IMO, spoilt what could have been a good programme, so I ended up not watching the second half!

Signed, Disgusted of East London
I'm a bit late with this Jazzi - but I did run the scene on - have to say I thought this was pointless, Cilla wasn't even there, so just seemed to be thrown in - unless there is a reason to follow ......... I agree with your feeling on the scene, a bit much.
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2014, 06:44 PM

The gay club gives a quick cameo insight into the life Brian Epstein,who was a major influence on her life. Didn't he commit suicide, and this possibly helps explain that?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2014, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Celyn ->
The gay club gives a quick cameo insight into the life Brian Epstein,who was a major influence on her life. Didn't he commit suicide, and this possibly helps explain that?
Well yes - we all knew he was gay - the scene was not for me, would have run on whether gay scene or not.
There may be a point to it, we'll see .......
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2014, 07:24 PM

Younger viewers may not know, or those viewing it abroad (as I expedt it is hoped it will sell abroad) It was a quick way of representing the gay scene and, let's be honest, it isn't truly representational if you cut out bits that may offend. It showed the sordid side of the pop scene.

I found it interesting that the pop moguls of the 60s were suited and booted and very well educated people, or so it seems by the upper class accents.
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.
Malc.27 is male  Malc.27 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2014, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I had it switched on but I think I was asleep through most of it. I'm not fond of Cilla but I think that Sheridan is a great actress........and a better singer than Cilla too.
Yes, I agree, she IS a much better singer than Cilla...
What really annoys me is: the advert in the 'break' for a double C.D. of all the hits - from Cilla Black!

Surely a C.D. from Sheridan Smith performing the songs, would have been more appropriate!!
It looks like Cillas record Company are eager to cash in on the success of the T.V. series.

End of rant!

Malc.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

01-10-2014, 10:02 AM

So gonna miss this, they should do a series along these lines FAB !
So well done and I'm a definite fan of Sheridan

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top