Join for free
Carolc
New Member!
Devon Uk
Carolc is female 

25-12-2016, 07:24 AM

Singles holidays

do any of you good people know where to look for holidays for singles of our age group. I'm keen to get something booked up for 2017.
Can I also take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy Christmas, and thank you so much for your kind messages of welcome to this forum.

Carol
Emerald
Yorkshire
Emerald is female  Emerald has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2016, 10:22 AM

Re: Singles holidays

Sorry if it seems I'm pushing this one (I'm not on commission, honestly) but I am going away in January with the Way Up Big Tent group. I don't know the reason for your singleness and it's none of my business, but this groups is for Widows and Widowers only. Have you tried the Just You group? A bit expensive but a good time is definitely had by all.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2016, 10:51 AM

Hi Carol, and welcome.

Have you thought of a coach holiday? Several of us here do this frequently (some more than others! Heh heh). It is ideal, as there is usually a high number of us olduns on board. Many people travel alone, and in some hotels singletons can be sat with others, or you have the choice to be alone. I sat opposite a lady when I went to Weston Super Mare and we had great laughs at mealtimes, and then took our tea into the lounge, where we sat and chatted some more.

I personally use Shearings.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2016, 11:19 AM

And Merry Christmas from me. Coach holidays can be great,especially door to door. But a lot have very few singles available and then at a premium. I use a local company for trips that seem fun and where the hotel has a pool,gym etc. At 63 I am often the `baby`

Moving a bit more up market `Just you` offer a very wide range,but,as mentioned,not cheap. I went to Sicily with them and my only niggle was being called a snob by some on the trip because I tried my Italian!! I`m going to Puglia with them next September. That first step as a solo can seem daunting but it`s worth it.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2016, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Hi Carol, and welcome.

Have you thought of a coach holiday? Several of us here do this frequently (some more than others! Heh heh). It is ideal, as there is usually a high number of us olduns on board. Many people travel alone, and in some hotels singletons can be sat with others, or you have the choice to be alone. I sat opposite a lady when I went to Weston Super Mare and we had great laughs at mealtimes, and then took our tea into the lounge, where we sat and chatted some more.

I personally use Shearings.
Jazzi's right ... wonder if the bit in bold refers to me ?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2016, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Jazzi's right ... wonder if the bit in bold refers to me ?
Well I didn't want to say anything!
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2016, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Well I didn't want to say anything!
Stu
New Member!
Morecambe, UK
Stu is male 

10-01-2017, 01:23 PM

SAGA would be my first port of call. Expensive but you get what you pay for and they offer numerous holidays with 'no single supplement' and all inclusive. Usually all excursions are free. Worth considering.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2017, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Carolc ->
do any of you good people know where to look for holidays for singles of our age group. I'm keen to get something booked up for 2017.
Can I also take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy Christmas, and thank you so much for your kind messages of welcome to this forum.

Carol
Hello Carol
I've just looked at your profile and see you're going through a pretty rotten time at the moment - same thing I went through six years ago.
There are plenty of travel companies which cater for single travellers - some better then others. In the six years I've been single, the average age has reduced, as it now seems to be the norm to stay single. Thus the holidays have changed - one I went on with Friendship Travel in Turkey was termed a "House Party" as the company take over the whole hotel. The nearest town was a tourist tat, all singing all dancing........on the bar, cocktails every night till you fall over! Never again - for me at least. Perhaps if you go to their top hotel in their best destination, you may get a decent holiday. Another singles company is Travel One, which seems to attract a lot of people in our age group. Their prices are far more realistic and I've had a couple of extremely good holidays with them and am looking at booking at least one more this year. Please let me know if you'd like further information.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top