Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 12:16 AM

Posts I never read..

Are the ones with no paragraphs.

I just can't bear to see a big block of words with no break. It right puts me off wanting to read it.

Shame really because it might have been interesting.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 12:22 AM

Re: Posts I never read..

I know what you mean Carol, I think it can be off putting too.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 12:43 AM

I agree it takes too long to read.
I do read the stories sometimes.
I am terrible really, as it must take the poster some time to write it.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 02:37 AM

People, however unsuited they may be towards basic grammar, should obviously know when to begin a new paragraph.

Yeah, gets to me too Carol. I can't read a great long spiel about absolutely nothing littered with a constant stream of nonsensical jargon without finding space for punctuation and the sheer ignorance for when to start a new passage.

Boils the blood!��
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 03:53 AM

Yes, that irritates me. Stick in a full stop, or a comma, anywhere, somewhere, to break it all up!

(The social media ones are a joy: smattered with LOLs as well.)
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 08:41 AM

Ditto here. I don't even bother glancing at those bunched up. ill constructed posts.. I also don't read long winded daft jokes that start some pathetic story and end with a one liner that was blindingly obvious. Nor games or anything to do with politics.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 08:43 AM

the thing is,as like me,i type with one finger,not as well educated as some on here,its just a matter of typing whats in your head in one go,then look up to see what you have written,so a long post to someone like me takes ages.
so,should members like me stop posting,because it upsets others?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 08:44 AM

Posts that are one huge block of text are a pain.

I don't know why their creators don't realise this.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 09:23 AM

Mea Culpa
Sorry but I sometimes worry about getting it down on paper as such, in such a rush, when I do have a lot to say that I forget the paragraphs and punctuation.
I'm also guilty of using quotation marks incorrectly and not using them when using written speech.
I sometimes think that if I leave a blank space or line I'm wasting Mb of the forums storage space. I use a small 7 inch tablet or phone so I'm typing one finger.

I also worry about adding to threads that are a couple of days old. Today I want to add to the Christmas lights thread with some photos as well but the thread is now a couple of days old so do I just add or should I start a new thread which seems wrong to me.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2017, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by doctor ->
the thing is,as like me,i type with one finger,not as well educated as some on here,its just a matter of typing whats in your head in one go,then look up to see what you have written,so a long post to someone like me takes ages.
so,should members like me stop posting,because it upsets others?
Oh doc do you type without using paragraphs? I never noticed.

It's not hard to leave a one line gap to create a paragraph in a long post. It makes it so much easier for the reader.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top