Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2012, 07:34 PM

Bought John Grisham books...

Bought two, well three actually as the newest one was at half price,sorry thats books.whoops the brain is out of gear again,yes bought three books of Grishams( cant remember his first name) as I enjoyed the other two I bought from Sainsbury's.It was a tossup whether to buy another Marion Keyes but I stuck with Grisham.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2012, 05:13 AM

Re: Bought John Grisham books...

Sorry Annie this means nothing to me as I don't read novels.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2012, 01:28 PM

I hope you enjoy them Annie I don't seem to find the time to read these days unless I am ill and can't sleep.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2012, 04:46 PM

Yep thats me kid. I wouldnt say they were novels Alan, they are thrillers.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2012, 04:56 PM

I've read a few of John Grisham's books Annie. - "The Jury", "King of Torts" and "A Time to Kill". Time to Kill was made into a film, which was shown again fairly recently on TV. I'm trying to read "The Broker" at the moment, but I can't seem to get into it.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2012, 03:49 AM

Read "The Client" recently and enjoyed it. This thread is a good reminder to look for more Grisham.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria

29-07-2012, 08:35 AM

The ones I bought are...The appeal, the firm.Cant find the last one ( cant think where I put it ,its not in the book case)ah well thats me!Sorry.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2012, 07:39 PM

If you like murder mysteries Annie, I think you might like the Peter James novels if you have not already read them. The ones I have read feature the character DI Roy Grace who is a detective in Brighton and Hove. It seems to be that women are the ones who get murdered (the books I've read anyway) and the mysteries build up quite nicely. James puts his readers one step ahead of the detective as the stories unravel, and things come together, but I like the way Peter James keeps the reader's interest going all all the way to the end.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria

30-07-2012, 07:29 PM

Will look for those Aeroler, thank you.I would like one of thosePads but they are so small I wouldnt see them properly.Some of these books are quite heavy arent they.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

30-07-2012, 07:55 PM

I usually buy novels as paperbacks Annie and although I look at the I-pads, I've not been tempted yet - they don't seem to be the same as a book. I also get quite a few paperbacks from the Oxfam shop and then take some of the ones I have bought and read in to them - like re-cycling. I read a lot in bed and it helps to prop them up against the duvet so it's nice and cozy. Helps my eyes as well because I don't need my specs. on then to read comfortably. If I fall asleep, which I often do, it doesn't matter.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top