Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 08:43 AM

Re: Brian May and Foxhunting

He's intitled to his opinions, but I detest these 'celebrities' who feel that their opinion is more important than others. Why doesn't he just shut up and stick to what he does best. He is definitely OFF my Christmas card list.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
He's intitled to his opinions, but I detest these 'celebrities' who feel that their opinion is more important than others. Why doesn't he just shut up and stick to what he does best. He is definitely OFF my Christmas card list.
Why do you think that of him or others
He has genuine concern, being a musician should not stop him from airing his views
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Why do you think that of him or others
He has genuine concern, being a musician should not stop him from airing his views

Exactly, Patsy. Is he to think "I'm a musician, I'm not allowed to care about wildlife as well?

Loads of 'celebrities' do work behind the scenes for good causes and I'm glad they do. I would much sooner them use their money and knowledge for good work than binge it all away on drink and drugs.

Do you say the same about Paul O'Grady, or Simon Cowell helping charities? There are loads of 'celebs' quietly helping behind the scenes, and I for one, am very glad they do. I don't like the ones who only do it for the cameras, but Brian May is a genuine campaigner and does a lot of work.
Why should they not be allowed another interest in life just because of their day jobs? That's a daft way to think.

People don't have to have been born in a field to qualify for campaigning against cruelty or law breaking.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 11:12 AM

I have always been against fox hunting-it has nothing to do with control. But I cannot condone the behaviour of some `sabs` when it was still legal. Disrupt by all means but never put the horse nor the rider in danger of serious injury.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 11:57 AM

Good for Brian May , time this barbaric practice was stopped for good
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 01:01 PM

Brian May is a highly intelligent man as well as a brilliant musician
He is just the right person to highlight this ridiculous breach of the law by a small selfish sector of society.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 01:43 PM

Sometimes it takes someone in the spotlight to get the message across
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 03:31 PM

Sorry to digress a bit

but the reference to Rupert Bear outfit was quite funny

the rest of the article was spot on though.

http://www.timesoftunbridgewells.co....laim-own-goal/
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

30-12-2015, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
I have always been against fox hunting-it has nothing to do with control. But I cannot condone the behaviour of some `sabs` when it was still legal. Disrupt by all means but never put the horse nor the rider in danger of serious injury.
Those hunting people are ass tough as old boots
Hunt saboteurs are much more likely to be injured by them .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2015, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Those hunting people are ass tough as old boots
Hunt saboteurs are much more likely to be injured by them .

That is quite correct Muddy.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top