Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 09:18 AM

Oliver Letwin

Thirty years after the event and only when the cabinet papers are released do we find what this despicable little worm thought and said and has had to (unreservedly???) apologise for the slur he made. Yeah right, I just bet he's sorry, sorry that he's been caught out - yey another member of the 'nasty party!!!

http://www.aol.co.uk/news/2015/12/30...6pLid%3D415810
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 09:32 AM

Re: Oliver Letwin

It's easy to forget that this was in the aftermath of the Broadwater Farm riots and the death of PC Blakely . Things were different thirty years ago. It shouldn't be viewed with the ever right hindsight of the PC brigade. At the time many people would have agreed with him. This is just a piece of political point scoring and media hyperbole.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
At the time many people would have agreed with him. This is just a piece of political point scoring and media hyperbole.
Very true but uncle joe would never let the truth get in the way of a good story !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 11:13 AM

Well some us didn't agree with him at the time so it's nice to see he realises how wrong he was.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 11:23 AM

Uncle Joe, if I were to suggest that Eastern Europeans commit more than their fair share of crime in this country would that make me racist too ?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
It's easy to forget that this was in the aftermath of the Broadwater Farm riots and the death of PC Blakely . Things were different thirty years ago. It shouldn't be viewed with the ever right hindsight of the PC brigade. At the time many people would have agreed with him. This is just a piece of political point scoring and media hyperbole.

A very weak and lame attempt at trying to excuse the inexcusable!!! Letwin was a member of the nasty party then, and he still is a member of the nasty party and anything you have to say in your pathetic attempts to excuse him will not alter that one jot.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 06:04 PM

And haven't you admitted to being a former commie who has taken part in rallies where you pulled a police officer from his horse. Haven't you made remarks where you have expressed the desire to murder members of the Conservative party etc etc..
The pot is calling the kettle black.
Let's hear you make an unreserved apology for your former remarks and behaviour.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2015, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Thirty years after the event and only when the cabinet papers are released do we find what this despicable little worm thought and said and has had to (unreservedly???) apologise for the slur he made. Yeah right, I just bet he's sorry, sorry that he's been caught out - yey another member of the 'nasty party!!!

http://www.aol.co.uk/news/2015/12/30...6pLid%3D415810
Don't see why he had to apologise it was true when he said it and its still true to this day.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2015, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
A very weak and lame attempt at trying to excuse the inexcusable!!! Letwin was a member of the nasty party then, and he still is a member of the nasty party and anything you have to say in your pathetic attempts to excuse him will not alter that one jot.
Joe, you'll have to imagine me uttering a long suffering sigh when I say this.
You and I know this is just another attempt by you and your extreme left wing political heroes to discredit a long serving member of the Conservative party who you can't forgive for winning the last election.

Dragging this sad event out to score political points is typical of the Labour party and some left wing newspapers today. Labour is a party which seems not only lost its direction but also much of its moral standing. What is worse is some of its front benchers seem afraid to make a stand against the direction they are being dragged in.

I and a great many other voters said much the same at the time and I still feel the same today. What happened at Broadwater Farm is indefensible and PC Blakelock's killer was never, to my knowledge, caught. That the community have protected him ever since is a disgraceful state off affairs.

Minority ethnic communities have, over the years, used tactics such as these to gain rights and privileges which the rest of us cannot hope to receive, knowing they will be supported by the PC groups and the bleeding heart liberals. It does not help to criticise, with hindsight, someone who reflected the majority view thirty years ago as they said it yesterday.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2015, 01:44 PM

Good post Rainmaker.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top