Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2015, 08:53 PM

A&E Is Full Of Drunks Nowadays!

Particularly at weekends.
Now there is a surprise.
Is it any wonder that our Hospital A&E departments are literally falling apart due to drunkards of ALL ages who appear to just want to go out on the town to get hissed nowadays.
I have always enjoyed a few beers, but my god, I can honestly say that I had nothing on the way things are today.
And I NEVER ended up in A&E either!

Are there any answers to this?
I don't know.
You tell me!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-increase.html

Alcohol-related hospital admissions up 64% in just 10 years - and teenage GIRLS are worse than boys
Females aged 15 to 19 were treated in hospital 1.4 times more than boys
Damning report follows a decade of warnings on round-the-clock drinking
Authors say even this is a massive underestimation of the true problem
Admissions 'indirectly' related to drinking, such as falls, aren't recorded
Figures also exclude emergency patients discharged on the same day

But experts have condemned the (24 hour licensing) changes, and many have called for a return to traditional licensing laws.

In a separate article today, Dr Clifford Mann, president of the Royal College of Emergency Medicine, says that the pattern of drunkenness has ‘changed significantly in the past ten years’.

Writing in the Emergency Medicine Journal, he says that instead of drinking until a set time, young people ‘preload’ on cheap drinks before drinking late into the evening in pubs and clubs.

The consequence is a much greater ‘alcohol load’ and a much greater risk of injury and mental health damage, he writes.

He adds that since the 2005 relaxation of the law ‘accident and emergency departments in the UK have seen ever greater numbers of patients whose presentations are linked to acute or chronic alcohol ingestion’.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2015, 09:16 PM

Re: A&E Is Full Of Drunks Nowadays!

I thought the 24 hour drinking licencing was the most idiotic thing I have ever heard of.
Anyone with even a grain of common sense could see how things would end up.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2015, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I thought the 24 hour drinking licencing was the most idiotic thing I have ever heard of.
Anyone with even a grain of common sense could see how things would end up.
Couldn't agree more Muddy.
That coupled with allowing supermarkets to sell alcohol.
Crazy.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2015, 09:32 PM

On the few occasions in my life when I have been drunk I felt terrible at the time and afterwards. It's totally alien to me to go out with the intention of getting drunk.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2015, 09:34 PM

I blame Margaret Thatcher.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2015, 10:31 PM

A&E departments have plenty of drunks every night of the week, they just increase at this time of the year for obvious reasons, then there's the suicide attempts, it can be a sad time for many who are lonely or going through a bad time and feel they have no one to turn to for help
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2015, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
A&E departments have plenty of drunks every night of the week, they just increase at this time of the year for obvious reasons, then there's the suicide attempts, it can be a sad time for many who are lonely or going through a bad time and feel they have no one to turn to for help
Yes Honey, and I can see where you are coming from there in respect of the lonely and suicidal, who are possibly drinking far too much because life's a misery for them. It is people like that who should be getting the help they need from the NHS in general.

But unfortunately I feel that they are left behind in the slipstream of the ones who booze even before they go out for the evening, and then booze a lot more.
So much so that they end up in A&E due to being sick, getting into fights, and falling over and injuring themselves.

It is these people of whatever age, who are playing a part in the destruction of our what was once our wonderful NHS.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2015, 10:57 PM

It's not all about alcohol, there's the druggies too and don't forget all those pensioners who fall over and the kids who slip on the ice patches!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2015, 11:05 PM

It's all these loony leftists exercising their right to get rat arsed, not a Hooray Henry to be seen amongst them.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

22-12-2015, 11:08 PM

it's certainly not all about the drunks for sure!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top