Join for free
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 05:14 PM

introducing MURTAGH

(pronounced Merta - as fans of Outlander will know )
It is a Gaelic name and means something like Navigator of the seas.

We collected him on Wednesday and he has made such a good start. The one and a half hour car journey back didn't phase him - slept most of the way but was a little sick as we arrived home. He is just over 8 weeks old and is a Cockerpoo, (Poodle dad, Spaniel Mum).

He is already responding to a little basic training, sit etc and is doing his business in the garden. I have sectioned off a little area for him with his own parasol to keep the sun off him.

I slept on the sofa the first night ( I use the term slept, lightly), he was awake about every hour and a half for a wee or a play but we came to an understanding in the end. My biggest problem was remembering where I had put everything like poo bags and wipes, so when Mrs LD came in the room the next morning, she said it looked like a bomb had gone off. We were both asleep on the sofa, me sitting bolt upright. Last night was much better, he only awoke three times.

Nothing seems to bother him, loud noises, motorbikes, vacuum cleaner but the cats are keeping their distance at the moment. If I leave the room, he only whines for a minute, then settles down.

Had his first injection today so he has been sleeping it off in the garden.... as was I. Had his first MOT too and all seems to be working as it should be including his microchip.

Anyway here are few pics, I'm sure there will be more to follow.

It's been a long day.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	P7101189.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	10227   Click image for larger version

Name:	P7101181.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	10228   Click image for larger version

Name:	P7111195.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	10229   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01382a.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	10230  
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 05:17 PM

Re: introducing MURTAGH

He is very sweet, but what do the cats think of him?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
He is very sweet, but what do the cats think of him?
They are a little bit wary at the moment although they seem to be coming around a bit. It's why we chose a Cockerpoo because they are known for getting along with everyone including cats. Obviously we are having to make lots of fuss every time we walk past them.

No fights though..
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 05:23 PM

oh my goodness, he is so cute, I want to steal him from you. I look forward to hearing about his future antics as I'm sure there will be many.

Lovely name too.

If I know cats I reckon they will be the boss lol
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

12-07-2019, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
oh my goodness, he is so cute, I want to steal him from you. I look forward to hearing about his future antics as I'm sure there will be many.

Lovely name too.

If I know cats I reckon they will be the boss lol
Hopefully. I want the cats to be the boss tbh.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 05:42 PM

Utterly adorable!!!! Enjoy, and good luck with him.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 05:59 PM

He’s a real cutie LD, I love everything about him.

He seems to have settled in with you well and I’m sure you and Mrs LD will have lots of fun with him over the years to come.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 06:03 PM

He's lovely LD, and so like my Dageus was as a baby. I hope he has a long and happy life with you.
PS, I'm glad I'm not the only one who goes for the Gaelic names lol.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 06:04 PM

What a beaut welcome to the forum Murtagh. You have a friend for life there LD they are a wonderful breed, but try not to babysit for too long or he will never get the hang of the nights...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2019, 06:04 PM

Great little fella mate. But you should have called him Tom Scholtz

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top