Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 05:04 PM

Re: Football

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
So is football, and I am interested in neither of them, they should be on a separate sports channel, along with snooker.
Snooker's not a sport! As someone wiser than myself said 'if you can do what you're doing with a cigar in your mouth, then it isn't sport'
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
Snooker's not a sport! As someone wiser than myself said 'if you can do what you're doing with a cigar in your mouth, then it isn't sport'
You can't have a cigar in your mouth when you are leaning over the table.
I
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 05:13 PM

You can't have a cigar in your mouth when you are leaning over the table.
I
Exactly!
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 06:36 PM

So is football, and I am interested in neither of them, they should be on a separate sports channel, along with snooker.
So we agree then.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
So we agree then.
Yes I'm not into sport.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 10:18 PM

I've said it afore and I'll say it again. I detest sport with a vengeance but there's nothing wrong having it on telly, as long as it doesn't interrupt more popular viewing.

Both ITV and BBC have multiple channels so, if they want to compete with each other, it should be on ITV2 or BBC2 as there's mainly only rubbish on those channels anyway.

I haven't had the use of a telly for about three years now, but I do like to use Catch-Up to watch earlier transmissions but, unfortunately, the sports which for me include football (most hated), tennis (second most hated), snooker, darts and anything else in between should be shifted to the secondary channels for the most avid fans and not mess about with MY programmes!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 10:55 PM

[QUOTE=ben-varrey;318968]It took years of working with children and also teaching Mups - can't do either without being able to 'chill' as they say [/QUOTE

Never realized you taught Mups BV., or are you engaging in incitement.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Sport especially football shouldn't be allowed to 'flood' the channels.

Sport should have it's own dedicated channel imo.

I feel just the same as you Pats. It's not only women, I know quite a few men who dislike it too so why do they assume everyone is gagging at the bit waiting for the next match.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2013, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I feel just the same as you Pats. It's not only women, I know quite a few men who dislike it too so why do they assume everyone is gagging at the bit waiting for the next match.

Count me int on that too Jean darlin' please.
tomcat
Bristol uk
tomcat is male  tomcat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2013, 10:31 AM

Yes likewise ..there are sports channels . dont interfere with my evening viewing with football .

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top