Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2013, 11:55 AM

Re: Football Clubs

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Hats off to you Julie, I guess you're more tolerant than me.
Oh I don't know I have my moments LOL
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2013, 07:16 PM

Errrm.. can't resist posting this ....

Manchester United bought a new player from Nigeria.

Alex Ferguson picked up a ball and said "Ball." He then made a kicking motion with his leg and said "Kick." Then he pointed to the goal and said "Goal. GOOAALL!" "Kick. Ball. GOOAALL"

The Nigerian said "Sir, I'm able to speak English"

Ferguson replied

"Sit down and shut up. I'm talking to Wayne Rooney."

MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2013, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
What they are bought and sold for is morally obscene - as has been said, they don't really do anything ground breaking and I wasn't aware that Gareth Barry was up in the ranks of Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos so I'm a bit stumped as to why he's the world's most expensive player
I think you are confusing Gareth Barry (who is worth about 5p) with Gareth Bale who is a world-class footballer, but not quite in the league of Messi or the amazing Christiano Ronaldo.

Value and price are not necessarily related - it's all about the market - capitalism gone mad!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2013, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
I think you are confusing Gareth Barry (who is worth about 5p) with Gareth Bale who is a world-class footballer, but not quite in the league of Messi or the amazing Christiano Ronaldo.
Yes I was - not sure about Gareth Bale either to be honest, maybe he needs a bit more time to reach the heights of stardom; Real Madrid has become a bit of an elephants graveyard for many British players.

Value and price are not necessarily related - it's all about the market - capitalism gone mad!
Absolutely.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2013, 11:32 PM

Wonder how much someone would pay for any of us for . . . . . . . . well any purpose really?
How much do you reckon you'd fetch at auction?
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2013, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Wonder how much someone would pay for any of us for . . . . . . . . well any purpose really?
How much do you reckon you'd fetch at auction?
Well ... nothing really ... I'm past my sell by date
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Well ... nothing really ... I'm past my sell by date
Well, if I'm watching England or Man U and I'm shouting at the telly that I could do better (as I often claim ), I reckon, by that score and logic, I'm worth a fair bit
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2013, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I reckon, by that score and logic, I'm worth a fair bit
Good for you gal, I'm sure you are.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top