Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2014, 06:54 PM

Re: Travelling as a single

I go there..and look at the next hill...

Patsy..I was supposed to have been crippled at 23..I wasn't..

I was furious..got up and walked..

Been walking ever since..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2014, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by lilac ->
I go there..and look at the next hill...

Patsy..I was supposed to have been crippled at 23..I wasn't..

I was furious..got up and walked..

Been walking ever since..
Good for you gal - you're a determined spirit, admire that
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2014, 07:14 PM

Don't let illness grind you down...

Get up!! and fight..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2014, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by lilac ->
Don't let illness grind you down...

Get up!! and fight..
I do my best not to - do I sound a grumpy to you ......?

As for get up and fight, believe me I would, I'm that sorta gal, you don't know my circumstances, so we'll leave it at that .......
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2014, 07:50 PM

I look at a hill and think 'I ain't climbing that!'

I've holidayed alone since I flew out to America on my own when I was 21. An aunt thought it very brave of me at the time. I thought nothing of it.

Since then I've been to many places, by cruise, long distance flights, by coach.

While it was great having Mum with me on some holidays I do like to be on my own. Quite happy in my own little world. Can walk at my own pace, can take the time out to read, to just look, to admire. No arguments about what to do, where to go, where to eat, what time to go to bed.

Flown out to America, Singapore, Australia and NZ alone. Took a Caribbean cruise alone. No fears, no problems, but great excitement!

Next item on my bucket list is the Canadian Rockies. But also, had I not been spending 2014 recovering from surgery would have travelled more. My US friend wants me to go to her, but we have both agreed it will now be 2015 at the earliest. I am absolutely itching to go away abroad somewhere nice, but just cannot ATM. Damn.
lilac
West yorks uk

05-07-2014, 08:03 PM

I've done most things on my ''bucket list''which I didn't know existed until the Americans quoted it..
I have danced in Egypt..went flying with a Nazi war criminal...met Salvador Dali..and so many things..

Which were not on a ''bucket'' list...

I just let life roll..
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2014, 08:29 PM

Ventura I have been on holidays as a single but not a singles holiday. The first one is the hardest but if you go intending to meet and chat to folk you will be fine. SAGA is good for travelling alone I have met several people who are now friends and we meet up on holidays abroad. Times have changed, lots of single people travel alone now. Go for it....look at it as an adventure, I did and have had a great time since.

Lilac do tell us more...sounds interesting!!! I will keep a look out for your new thread LOL
Chibi
UK
Chibi is female 

05-07-2014, 10:00 PM

I find the thought of going away on my own rather daunting. I'm a bit afraid if I'm honest. I wish I had the courage to do it.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2014, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Chibi ->
I find the thought of going away on my own rather daunting. I'm a bit afraid if I'm honest. I wish I had the courage to do it.
Chibi (hi, by the way), are you single, married, divorced? I've aways been single so it's just a way of life for me.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2014, 11:14 PM

Hang on. Test the water first. Consider day, or weekend, bus trips or something. Get used to being a 'solo' traveler. My father loved these coach trips and made close local friends as a result. After my mother passed away he was still able to meet up with such friends and have great times. Scour the local papers for trips maybe?

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top