Join for free
Flamingo
Montagnac, Herault, France
Flamingo is female  Flamingo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2009, 10:03 PM

Where we spent Christmas

We stayed just outside Albi, Tarn (81) region of S of France. What a fantastic place it is; the cathedral is absolutely superb -specifically the ceiling and wall paintings. The first Christmas I have spent away from family or friends but it was definitely the best - no pressure of entertaining. We self-catered and I prepared in advance lots of frozen meals and took easily cookable things. A doddle. Such a relaxation and it has done the world of good for my husband and I. I DEFINITELY would go away again at Christmas.

If you are considering a holiday to the South of France, a good combination would be to stay by the coast for one week in Herault and then travel to the Midi Pyrennees for the second week (only 2 and a half hours drive away).

If this sort of break interests you - I can let you have the website of the English owners where we stayed (it has a swimming pool) and our website for 34140 Meze accommodation.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2009, 11:53 PM

Re: Where we spent Christmas

Sounds lovely Flamingo.. post pics if you took any!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2009, 12:18 PM

We drove back up through that region this summer - absolutely stunning!

I agree with you. For a couple or group of friends, where there are no small children to cater, I think just taking a lovely break at xmas, not bothering about presents, being self-indulgent over simple but great foods ... lovely! What could be nicer?
Trixybird
West Sussex
Trixybird is female  Trixybird has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2009, 06:40 PM

That sounds bliss... we have had a few holidays over the Christmas/New Year season, and would love to do it again sometime.

Would like to see pictures - if your happy to share

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top