Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 06:17 PM

Tennis grunts and groans

I honestly think all this grunting and groaning should be banned on court it must be very off putting for some of the players. Maybe it turns some people on but certainly not me😁
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 06:24 PM

Re: Tennis grunts and groans

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
I honestly think all this grunting and groaning should be banned on court it must be very off putting for some of the players. Maybe it turns some people on but certainly not me😁
I have to admit to grunting with them on occasion I also actually move with each stoke of the ball sat in the chair, cant help it tried to stop
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 06:27 PM

I am sure there used never to be all the grunting and groaning on court years ago. I find it intensely irritating and off putting
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 06:27 PM

I grunt if my favourite player is losing ...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am sure there used never to be all the grunting and groaning on court years ago. I find it intensely irritating and off putting
I agree - just couldn't sit and watch that, couldn't 'stand' it either ....................
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Marj ->
I have to admit to grunting with them on occasion I also actually move with each stoke of the ball sat in the chair, can help it tried to stop
Originally Posted by Mags ->
I grunt if my favourite player is losing ...
I can picture you two in a room watching the tennis together
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I can picture you two in a room watching the tennis together
I can't help it Patsy I just love Wimbledon and all the other Grand Slam Tournaments
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

07-07-2015, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I can't help it Patsy I just love Wimbledon and all the other Grand Slam Tournaments
Good to have something like that to look forward too
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 06:38 PM

The grunts during the women's matches this afternoon was horrendous.I like to watch the tennis but had the t.v. on mute during the matches which spoils it for me.I'd rather watch the men play.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 06:46 PM

Could just be me but I think there is less grunting than say,10 years ago?

Ms Sharipova is a fine player but she does make some noise.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top