Join for free
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2010, 12:33 PM

Some news for prospective Easyjet flyers.

Easyjst are without doubt a low cost airline, and therefore they do not offer free meals, etc. etc. but here are two things which you might want to consider before booking.

1) On many of their aircraft you can NOT recline the seat back, they are all bolted vertical, which makes it very uncomfortable and impossible to relax and maybe get a few minutes sleep (As I like to do nowadays)

2) Easyjet offer a 'Fast Check In' desk and a 'Priority Bording' service both at extra cost of course. When I was in the 'normal' check in que yesterday there was a lady about five places in front of me who suddenly realised she had paid for 'Fast Check In' so she moved to that desk, there were three passengers (together) already at the desk having some kind of a dispute with the check in lady. I had about twenty people in front of me but by the time the lady who had paid for 'fast check in' was actually being dealt with I had only one person in front of me

And the 'Priority Boarding' was a joke - Yes all those who had paid for priority bording went through the gate first but then they and all us plebs had to stand around outside waiting for a shuttle bus to take us to the aircraft, so the last person on the shuttle bus (Which was me) got on the aircraft first and had the best choice of seats

So my recommendation if you fly Easyjet is don't pay for 'Fast Check In' and don't pay for 'Priority Bording' and take a cushion to put behing your back or you'll have terrible back ache by the time you get to your destination.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2010, 01:57 PM

Re: Some news for prospective Easyjet flyers.

I've never used any of the cheaper airlines tbh - too many horror stories like yours
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2010, 04:00 PM

My recommendation is to stay on the ground, . . flying is strictly for the birds.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2010, 09:35 PM

I've never used Easyjet and after reading that I don't think I will.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top