Join for free
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2010, 09:21 AM

Paris

Some 'snaps' from last weekend

We went for the Heineken rugby final but our trip also coincided with a huge event staged by the French equivalent of Young Farmers, where the Champs Elysees was transformed, as the country came to the city - all 1.8km of it.

We emerged from the Metro to find this

Then found this poster (excuse reflection) to explain it

And so - we started walking. It was a bit different from what you expect of the Champs Elysees, although only the road was used - the pavement cafes were still doing great business

Even the animals came to town!

Ok - now sightseeing!

You might know this iconic item

The National Assembly (parliament equivalent)

The dome of Les Invalides (Napoleon's tomb)

Les Invalides again, from the garden of the Rodin Museum

'The Thinker'

We lunched on this rather nice boat on The Seine, with a view over the river

l'Escale leading up to Monmartre

and the street scene there

Sorry - lots! Hope you enjoyed
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2010, 10:01 AM

Re: Paris

Some great pictures there Hilary, they make you feel like you are there enjoying the scenery. Thanks for sharing them.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2010, 10:04 AM

lovely shots DM! Haven't been to Paris for years would love to go again now after seeing your photos
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2010, 11:58 AM

Yes. go Azz and go Eurostar - it's great. Less than two and a half hours city-centre to city centre. Large pre-allocated seats, air conditioned carriages, etc etc all for under £70 standard class ... or pay more and have a meal, wine, champagne etc served to you in your seat . Much better than flying and as for driving in Paris - Oh-la-la
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2010, 12:07 PM

Aw you have brought back lovely memories with those pics of Paris, DM, many a lovely holiday I spent there with my late brother! The one of the l'Escale especially! I think that was where the French restaurant was that we went to - it was at the corner, used mostly by locals!

You must have had a wonderful time. Stunning photos.

Many thanks for sharing and bringing back lovely memories for me

Take care.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2010, 01:58 PM

Great photos DM, they have made me want to visit Paris even more now!

Looks like you had beautiful weather too...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top