Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 02:53 PM

Re: No yeast Naans or Pizza base

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Discussion is not disruption. It's the open expression of views which enables us to learn and acquire varied knowledge. This site is first and foremost a discussion site. If you prefer a place where you can post your own material unchallenged or un-discussed then perhaps a personal blog would be a better option.

No problem with that though you might want to note the "Sticky" thread at the top of this forum section entitled "Recipes" which is the better place to post . . . well . . . recipes !

The more general "Food and Drink" section is where we mull over matters pertaining to food and drink.

Nope wrong on both counts. I said before it was not criticism, I was interested in why you were promoting specifically a "No Yeast" recipe for something that usually has yeast. And again it's not a recipe forum. It's a "Food and Drink" section of the forum which has a special "Sticky" thread for recipes clearly visible at the top.

I haven't said I am not keen nor indeed that I am keen. I have simply entered some discussion about the yeast issue. Nothing wrong in that as far as I can see.

I'm not lecturing but I was always taught to debate from a position of fact/strength. Bread is an area I know a lot about. So my posts are likely to contain detailed information which may, to the overly defensive, appear as lecturing, whereas to others it will appear as useful information that might lead them towards further research.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do and again there is no criticism made here on my part. Take some time to familiarise yourself with the forum structure and keep posting the recipes. ATB

And you are may I ask? Are you the moderator. Familiarise yourself with manners and etiqutte. Stop trying to lecture new posters on how they should post. You have succeeded in disruption. My bread making skills evidently hit a raw nerve.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 02:53 PM

Goldi, Thanks for you recipe. I just told my sister, who has a lot of tummy problems, and she is delighted because she doesn't like soda bread and this will give her an opportunity to eat something else, that doesn't contain yeast, when her dietician puts her on a yeast free diet for a few weeks. I like it when she is on those diets because it means that I get all the Twiglets.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Goldi, Thanks for you recipe. I just told my sister, who has a lot of tummy problems, and she is delighted because she doesn't like soda bread and this will give her an opportunity to eat something else, that doesn't contain yeast, when her dietician puts her on a yeast free diet for a few weeks. I like it when she is on those diets because it means that I get all the Twiglets.
They are lovely. Once I get around to doing the bread one made in a similar way. I will post. Apparently it lasts longer than normal bread with yeast.

You know what they say, a moment on the lips x
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 03:08 PM

Thanks Goldilocks, I've saved your recipe and will definitely give it a try
Goldielocks
Spain

18-04-2016, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Thanks Goldilocks, I've saved your recipe and will definitely give it a try
Enjoy Mags x
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
And you are may I ask? Are you the moderator. Familiarise yourself with manners and etiqutte. Stop trying to lecture new posters on how they should post. You have succeeded in disruption. My bread making skills evidently hit a raw nerve.
Your statements are becoming silly now and I'm sorry you've gotten into such a flap about this. I don't make the rules here, that's the purview of Azz. Azz has recently done an overhaul of the forum structure for good reasons, and taken a lot of time and effort to do so.

A "Recipes" thread has been provided and Admin has obviously deemed it useful and important enough to make it a "Sticky" so it stays at the top of the forum section and is (for most observant members) easily seen and identifiable.

Your posting multiple recipes outside of that thread unfortunately suggests you don't care about the forum structure, you don't care that other members happily use that dedicated thread and you are going to do what you want regardless.

I find that to be the poorer manners and etiquette.
Goldielocks
Spain

18-04-2016, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Your statements are becoming silly now and I'm sorry you've gotten into such a flap about this. I don't make the rules here, that's the purview of Azz. Azz has recently done an overhaul of the forum structure for good reasons, and taken a lot of time and effort to do so.

A "Recipes" thread has been provided and Admin has obviously deemed it useful and important enough to make it a "Sticky" so it stays at the top of the forum section and is (for most observant members) easily seen and identifiable.

Your posting multiple recipes outside of that thread unfortunately suggests you don't care about the forum structure, you don't care that other members happily use that dedicated thread and you are going to do what you want regardless.

I find that to be the poorer manners and etiquette.
So why are the multiple threads in music. I am not in flap, you appear to be though. If you read the thread. It appears a popular post. No more on the matter please
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
It appears a popular post.
This is total deflection and has NOTHING at all to do with the issue. There are 109 recipe posts in the dedicated recipe section. Other forum members are polite enough to use that "sticky" thread to post recipes, why won't you use it too?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2016, 03:58 PM

Can I suggest that Goldi may not have been aware of the recipe section and, anyway, does it matter if she posted in the wrong section? Most people enjoy others ideas and comments, no matter where they are posted, but what we don't want to read are irrelevant arguments, because they spoil it for everybody.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

18-04-2016, 04:03 PM

Can I suggest that Goldi may not have been aware of the recipe section
No need, point has already been made. She is now aware.
I would also happily state that she is not alone in missing that dedicated thread as other members have equally missed it.

What matters going forward is whether members will politely conform to the forum structure provided.

and, anyway, does it matter if she posted in the wrong section? Most people enjoy others ideas and comments, no matter where they are posted
Yes it matters because without structure and without a community of people all willing to play ball and respect each other and abide by the general required behaviours, it all falls quickly into chaos (as has been seen in other forum threads).

what we don't want to read are irrelevant arguments, because they spoil it for everybody.
What arguments here have been irrelevant?

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top