Join for free
Page 32 of 34 « First < 22 30 31 32 33 34 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 04:31 PM

Re: Supreme Court nominee accused

The hysterical mob baying for "justice" in this case, who seem to want to demand that any woman who makes any sort of accusation against a man has to be believed, are ridiculous and do themselves no favours for it would be a dangerous precedent to bow to the howling mob rather than adhere to the rules of justice. Therein lies anarchy.

There also needs to be time limits put on the reporting of crime to avoid this type of situation arising again, where an historic accusation can destroy someone's life without any evidence, and without any chance of ever proving the facts. That's so wrong...
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
The hysterical mob baying for "justice", in this case, who seem to want to demand that any woman who makes any sort of accusation against a man has to be believed, are ridiculous and do themselves no favours for it would be a dangerous precedent to bow to the howling mob rather than adhere to the rules of justice. Therein lies anarchy.

There also needs to be time limits put on the reporting of crime to avoid this type of situation arising again, where an historic accusation can destroy someone's life without any evidence, and without any chance of ever proving the facts. That's so wrong...
I am of the opinion very few women make false claims of sexual abuse.
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 05:21 PM

Kavanaugh is a liar and unfit for office. This is a horrible day for democracy and decency in this country. Women who have been sexually assaulted and raped are horrified. Democracy in this country is now dead. The white male elite are now in control of all branches of government.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Today you mean?...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
And of the few that do? How are we to tell the difference?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Sage ->
Kavanaugh is a liar and unfit for office. This is a horrible day for democracy and decency in this country. Women who have been sexually assaulted and raped are horrified. Democracy in this country is now dead. The white male elite are now in control of all branches of government.
There have also been issues raised about his temperament and partisanship by various sections of the legal profession and even by a retired Supreme Court judge.
Supreme Court judges are supposed to be like Caesar’s wife and that certainly isn’t the case with Kavanaugh.

By the way...anyone who still thinks Trump is intelligent, have a read of this...

Trump on evolution:
"You know, I don’t really believe in that stuff.
Man coming from monkeys and apes? I don’t think so.
We are much more advanced than animals.
We are smarter by far.
Could a monkey write ‘The Art of the Deal’?
Could a monkey oversee the development of the most luxurious golf courses in the world?
Could an animal produce ‘The Apprentice’, one of the most successful television shows in history?
Hell no!”

"So you liberals can believe in evolution. You can trust the scientists.
The same scientists, by the way, that push global warming even as New York gets colder and colder every winter. It’s absurd.”

He makes me shudder and my skin crawl...
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 06:00 PM

But you do have to admire his simplicity .. in a kind of rocky horror type way.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 06:04 PM

If there was a party. If Kavanaugh did what Ford said. Then Ford lost all rights to make such a claim , 36 years later, when she failed to make a police report. If she had made that report, then Kavanaugh would not now be Justice Kavanaugh. If a woman does not have the courage to stand up for herself right after the event, then she loses any right to accuse someone 36 years later.

Women want equal rights, but equal rights do not include "special rights". Make the report instantly !
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
But you do have to admire his simplicity .. in a kind of rocky horror type way.
You do???

I wouldn't mind if he was just some orange idiot who lived in my town and everyone was kind of fond of him because of his innocent weirdness and funny little ways...

But he's not.
And he doesn't.
And people aren't.
And his ways aren't weird or funny or innocent.
They're deadly.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2018, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
You do???

I wouldn't mind if he was just some orange idiot who lived in my town and everyone was kind of fond of him because of his innocent weirdness and funny little ways...

But he's not.
And he doesn't.
And people aren't.
And his ways aren't weird or funny or innocent.
They're deadly.
Well said.

Page 32 of 34 « First < 22 30 31 32 33 34 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top