Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2011, 08:39 AM

Football Rant

Get a life..............

A new season starting, do they ever end, there seems to be a constant torture from this pathetic so called sport.

Here we go again, everything will be disrupted on TV to make way for the brain dead to watch their moronic games. Which consists of a load of undereducated, overpaid retards falling over if someone looks at them.

I don't just dislike football, I detest it and all that it stands for.

And if I have upset anyone GOOD, I just don't care, because you football sheep have been doing that to an awful lot of people for years.

I just clicked on tools, on the PC...............

A picture of Wayne Rooney appeared.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2011, 01:03 PM

Re: Football Rant

Not being a fan of football I can certainly see why you feel the way you do (although feel you're being a bit too harsh on the fans). It seems crazy that people get paid so much just to play a game, yet those doing extremely valuable jobs to society (such as scientific research) get paid a pittance in comparison.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2011, 01:47 PM

I am not a fan of football either and sigh deeply when the world cup is on

However my Dad one of the nicest most intelligent people one could meet loved football with a passion (and all sport really) .

I guess it was a bit different back in Dad's day , the teams were paid a pittance and there wasn't much in the way of entertainment for the working man only sport and the cinema if you could afford it .
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2011, 01:51 PM

It's always amazed me how otherwise sensible people can get so hysterically emotional over a game so banal as football. Personally I would begrudge every penny that I contributed to the wage packet of such a bunch of spoilt, arrogant brats, that have no apparent respect for anyone or anything.

Having said that I'm no fan of any team game, but I do respect sporting achievement on an individual amateur level, if there is still such a thing as amateur?
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

05-08-2011, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by RockriderSpain ->
Get a life..............

A new season starting, do they ever end, there seems to be a constant torture from this pathetic so called sport.

Here we go again, everything will be disrupted on TV to make way for the brain dead to watch their moronic games. Which consists of a load of undereducated, overpaid retards falling over if someone looks at them.

I don't just dislike football, I detest it and all that it stands for.

And if I have upset anyone GOOD, I just don't care, because you football sheep have been doing that to an awful lot of people for years.

I just clicked on tools, on the PC...............
A picture of Wayne Rooney appeared.
As the OP of the original thread you posted on and as these scathing remarks would seem to be directed at me personally maybe I should respond.

On your first point, I have a life, it may not be as rewarding or as productive as yours but it is mine nonetheless and nothing whatsoever to do with anyone else.

I started the new football thread because of my interest in the game and I know of at least a couple of other members who also follow it.
I thought it was a bit of harmless interest for those to take or leave, it seems not to be the case.

I did not realise it was a pre-requisite of membership to look at a subject that one hated so much. Commonsense would seem to dictate that if a thread does not interest someone, then they stay clear of it.

I will not waste my time in justifying why I follow something you or anyone else finds so abhorent and in truth why should I?

I will however say that I object most strongly to being labelled, albeit by association as brain dead or indeed as a sheep, It was uncalled for and has only served one purpose but maybe that was the intention.
There are lots of threads and conversations on this forum that have little or no interest to me and I suspect others have their own preferences also.That said, I would never dream of criticising others for their pleasures or anything else for that matter. I would just refrain from commenting.

It seems a little ironic to see this vitriol posted after reading elsewhere on the forum some of the very nice comments such as " There is courtesy, common sense and gentle humour "

Perhaps someone is trying to tell me something?
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2011, 03:53 PM

Got to agree with Hammer. I enjoy football, without endorsing the massive wages paid to players. If you applied the same analogy to say, TV and Movies, would you not watch either, because of the inflated salaries paid to Stars of both of them? I also find your post hysterical, if I don't like a programme or sport, I turn the damn thing off, I suggest you do likewise.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2011, 04:26 PM

Like Rockrider, I too have a detestation of football on the television. Since Football matches are held in a stadium for the object of supporters paying to go inside that stadium and watch matches 'live', why should those of us who have no interest in football be subjected to to this sport be televised to the detriment of all other 'drama' programmes. I would be the first to shout hooray if they took football (and indeed all other sports) off the television entirely.
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2011, 04:39 PM

Hammer, this was NOT aimed at you personally, I don't know you and am sure you are a really nice bloke (despite liking football). So please don't take it personally.

What I detest about that game is all the rubbish that surrounds it and the obscenity of the money involved and how people treat it as a religion. Ans as we know most wars in the world have been caused by that.

We maybe suffer more than you, but almost every English bar that opens on this coast, opens as a 'sports bar' (nobody thought of that before), and there is the constant mush of noise coming from TV's showing every game from that disgusting Manchester United and it's thugs, not earning, being paid millions. To obscure village teams in Eire.

It really is pathetic how peoples lives get taken over by it.

BTW, I feel the same way about people who get so involved with Eastenders and Coronation Street, I believe that those programmes are dangerous as people actual believe what happens on them.
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2011, 05:11 PM

The game of football is a sport that is played understood and enjoyed by many people and why not! I don't have an interest myself but I don't begrudge others who do. The biggest gripe has got to be the fact that professional football is big business first and the sport last. Big fees and wages are decided by the big boys at the top and the plays are not going to say no are they. Even genuine football fans who remember when football was all about football are disheartened with the modern day running of professional football. Just take a look at FIFA if that isn't about money and corruption on the back of football I don't know what is.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

05-08-2011, 06:02 PM

The point is being missed,
I could not care less if people like the game or loathe the very sight of it, people have the choice.
I only know it has given me enormous pleasure for well over 60 years and although that might appear to many a simple pursuit it is my choice.
Through the game I have met and befriended people from all over the world and that experience I would not trade for anything.

I do however object to a member going onto a thread specifically entitled 'The 2011/2012 Football Season' as it was then and which was in itself not in anyway ambiguous, with the sole intention of being insulting to the OP by making personal comments of "Get a life","brain dead", "And if I have upset anyone GOOD" and "sheep"

I reiterate, I would never stoop so low as to insult any member here with such contempt but if that is the way of things here then, I had better say no more.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top