Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 09:41 AM

discount/Voucher codes

Does anyone still bother with them?

When I first moved into this house a few years ago, I bought a lot of things online towards renovating the property. I found that by ordering at certain times and using voucher codes, there were some real bargains out there and we saved quite a bit I reckon. There were deals such as if you spend over 100, you get 20% discount on the overall bill, so it was worth adding items on to get them for free.

Sadly though, none of these deals seem to be worth it anymore with discounts being targeted towards certain items, so instead of 20% off the total price, it's 20% off this lawnmower. Often when you download the code, it just says code not necessary and gives you a link to the site.

So does anyone still bother with them?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 10:18 AM

Re: discount/Voucher codes

LD I use them sometimes for particular sites/stores and am occasionally successful getting a free delivery on goods but most of the time they don't work in spite of being in date

There is often 'small print' which I haven't noticed like 'for new users' or 'when you spend £60' but its worth a go if you remember them.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 10:28 AM

i tend to go into shops and say is that the best deal you can do. They usually drop the price, the amount depends on the item. The camera roller bag I just bought they dropped £20 straight away. So never accept the ticket price without asking first
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
i tend to go into shops and say is that the best deal you can do. They usually drop the price, the amount depends on the item. The camera roller bag I just bought they dropped £20 straight away. So never accept the ticket price without asking first
Yes, I must admit I have done that a few times , sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

30-07-2019, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
LD I use them sometimes for particular sites/stores and am occasionally successful getting a free delivery on goods but most of the time they don't work in spite of being in date

There is often 'small print' which I haven't noticed like 'for new users' or 'when you spend £60' but its worth a go if you remember them.
Sometimes they say free delivery but when you go to the site, they are offering free delivery anyway so I can't really see the point in having the code.

I suppose there must still be some deals out there but I haven't found one for ages now.
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.
Malc.27 is male  Malc.27 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 12:52 PM

We haven't used vouchers, however I registered with 'Top cashback' last November and I received £80 back when I changed from BT to Plusnet.

Earlier this week I purchased Breakdown cover for the mini at a really good price, (just under £33), then I received around £16 back from Top cashback, for that same transaction...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

30-07-2019, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Malc.27 ->
We haven't used vouchers, however I registered with 'Top cashback' last November and I received £80 back when I changed from BT to Plusnet.

Earlier this week I purchased Breakdown cover for the mini at a really good price, (just under £33), then I received around £16 back from Top cashback, for that same transaction...
Thanks Malc. I might have a look at their site.
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.
Malc.27 is male  Malc.27 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 01:04 PM

I forgot to mention that the £16 repayment is currently 'pending', it does go into your account several weeks later, when you are able to withdraw any funds, but it's certainly worth a look.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

30-07-2019, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Malc.27 ->
I forgot to mention that the £16 repayment is currently 'pending', it does go into your account several weeks later, when you are able to withdraw any funds, but it's certainly worth a look.
Yes, just been reading that. Thanks.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2019, 03:00 PM

I often find bargains on Crafty Sites - and regularly receive discount codes to use or freebies.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top