Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2017, 03:14 PM

Re: New Boiler

Is this similar your boiler Spitty?
It's a Worcester Bosch 29CDi Classic......

And is this your programmer?
Wiring is easy peasey.......If you want to have a go.....

Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2017, 03:32 PM

Excuse me - and I'm dead serious - what on earth are these "boilers" supposed to do ?
Boil water, I presume ?
For what purpose - domestic heating ?

My god, why don't you all migrate to somewhere suited for human habitation ?
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2017, 04:12 PM

Australia for instance? You couldn't pay me enough!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2017, 04:13 PM

Hi

You are all lucky people.

No gas in the village here.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2017, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

You are all lucky people.

No gas in the village here.
Not the end of the world. My wife's boss lives in the north of Lancashire and his house is not supplied with mains gas. He has LPG cylinders at the back of his house.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2017, 09:13 PM

Electric central heating isn't a bad option these days (not storage radiators). Self-contained wall-mounted radiators that look their water-filled counterparts each individually programmable to suit the room, electric under-floor heating is very efficient and can be installed under ceramic tiles or laminated floors. If a water-based system is what you prefer, electric central heating boilers are available that work exactly like ther gas equivalents.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2017, 09:17 PM

Spitfire posts:

"The average cost of this boiler, Worcester/Bosch Greenstar 30i was around £1300.00, the Flue kit about £60.00, the Programmer around £150.00, then there are a couple of devices plumbed in, like a magnetic filter, to stop swarf entering the boiler. You may find you have to employ an electrician to fit the programmer, the heating engineer wasn't qualified to do that."

Were you having an orgasm at the time? They must have seen you coming if you paid that much or was that including installation? £150 for a programmer is also excessive.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2017, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Excuse me - and I'm dead serious - what on earth are these "boilers" supposed to do ?
Boil water, I presume ?
For what purpose - domestic heating ?

My god, why don't you all migrate to somewhere suited for human habitation ?
Ah.....where do I start Pummie.....
A big proportion of the houses in the UK are supplied with Gas and Electricity and require domestic hot water for washing pots [dishes in Australia] showering or bathing, and supplying hot water for the radiators usually situated in every room.

Gas comes out about half the price of electricity so this is the prefered method of heating the water. In order to save the planet some bright spark invented the Condensing boiler.
It doesn't actually 'Boil the water' but heats it up to around sixty degrees Centigrade.
With these boilers, when there is a demand for the hot water [Turning on a tap or pumping it round the radiators] the gas burner fires up and heats the water as it passes through, when demand ceases, the gas turns off. The condensing bit [roughly speaking] is the hot waste burnt fumes go to reheating the water before it enters the boiler.

In theory, a very efficient and economic method. In reality, piss poor compared to a backboiler. This might provoke argument!
But I hope this helps Pummie....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

09-03-2017, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Spitfire posts:

"The average cost of this boiler, Worcester/Bosch Greenstar 30i was around £1300.00, the Flue kit about £60.00, the Programmer around £150.00, then there are a couple of devices plumbed in, like a magnetic filter, to stop swarf entering the boiler. You may find you have to employ an electrician to fit the programmer, the heating engineer wasn't qualified to do that."

Were you having an orgasm at the time? They must have seen you coming if you paid that much or was that including installation? £150 for a programmer is also excessive.
Mine cost about £2500 fitted and working Judd, however, we didn't want the gas pipe running around the outside of the house so he fitted it indoors. The programmer was an all singing all dancing thingy with a receiver fitted to the wall next to the boiler, and the programmer can be used anywhere in the house...[RF transmitter] It's already packed up once and had to be replaced, after only five months of use.
I've installed a hard wired thermostat for the next time it packs up, I'll just swap it over.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

09-03-2017, 10:28 PM

My Ideal boiler cost around 450 quid plus VAT and another 40 quid for the flue - it's been a damned good one thus far. Have also fitted an RF programmable t/stat (different temperatures for different time of day) which I carry from room to room - talk about luxury

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top