Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

12-02-2013, 09:52 AM

Re: Do you have a dishwasher?

Why the heck some should consider the ownership of a dishwasher should make one 'posh', a silly little word, goodness only knows.
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2013, 10:27 AM

I dont have one never really wanted one , or a microwave never seen the point ... I like to wash up , after a long day working in the garden it helps to get all the soil from under my fingernails....
I often wonder how people will cope when there are long power cuts . As there will be in the future. I have a wood burner which heats gives hot water and I could cook on if needed .... I would be very nervous of the future if I was relying on electric for everything.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

12-02-2013, 11:42 AM

If people are happy to live without modern conveniences that is no problem at all. I like to make my life as convenient and labour saving as possible as I dislike chores. I like to retire to my sanctuary where I can do my own thing as soon as I have got them out of the way.
smokeyboat
Kent UK
smokeyboat is male 

12-02-2013, 02:31 PM

Yes we have had a dishwasher for about three years. Had some alterations done to our garage, I ,lost 25 years worth of "one day it will be useful" !! Now got a posh Utility room and a downstairs loo - a boon in old age - and a cubby hole for MY storage.

It appears that as I have always been the chief cook and bottle washer it is my job to load and unload it, No wonderI am ageing rapidly,
Traveller
Bangor Co Down and France
Traveller is male  Traveller has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2013, 02:57 PM

We have two, one at home in the UK and the other in our holiday home in France where we spend up to 6 months in total a year. There are only the two of us, never have been more and we both worked at very demanding jobs. We have had one at home for forty+ years and wouldn't dream of not having one in both places. We entertain quite often here and abroad but that's not why we have them, we wanted them, we bought them,we use them alternate days when we are in either place, simple as that. Not posh, not show off, not lazy just doing what suits us.

Interestingly, we are metered for water in France and did not notice any increase in usage when the dishwasher went in 8 years ago.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

12-02-2013, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Traveller ->
We have two, one at home in the UK and the other in our holiday home in France where we spend up to 6 months in total a year. There are only the two of us, never have been more and we both worked at very demanding jobs. We have had one at home for forty+ years and wouldn't dream of not having one in both places. We entertain quite often here and abroad but that's not why we have them, we wanted them, we bought them,we use them alternate days when we are in either place, simple as that. Not posh, not show off, not lazy just doing what suits us.

Interestingly, we are metered for water in France and did not notice any increase in usage when the dishwasher went in 8 years ago.
Good for you. One of my sisters, and her family, have two homes, one in Sussex and one in Bruges where they spend every other weekend. They certainly wouldn't be without all mod cons in both houses.
Joan
Queensland Australia
Joan is female  Joan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2013, 12:00 PM

Our dishwasher is a divorce preventer, as is the satnav, when i come to think about it.

My deficiencies in getting the washing up clean, and in map reading are thus covered up.

We just got a new AEG dishwasher and I love it. Ideally, I would have two, so that I never had to empty them - I'd just use one for storage till it was empty, then fill it with mucky plates and use the other for storage, and so ad infinitem.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

14-02-2013, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Joan ->
Our dishwasher is a divorce preventer, as is the satnav, when i come to think about it.

My deficiencies in getting the washing up clean, and in map reading are thus covered up.

We just got a new AEG dishwasher and I love it. Ideally, I would have two, so that I never had to empty them - I'd just use one for storage till it was empty, then fill it with mucky plates and use the other for storage, and so ad infinitem.
One on and one in the wash, so to speak!
WinterRose
Ohio / Indiana
WinterRose is female  WinterRose has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2013, 04:23 PM

OHHHHH ... Yes I have one !! When we moved into our new house ... I requested that we have one and we got one and since we have lived here I have had to replace it 1 time so I am praying that this one is a keeper !!
Mellie
New Member!
Dorset, England
Mellie is female 

22-02-2013, 05:01 PM

There was a small one stuck in the corner of our kitchen when we moved here three years ago, I used it a couple of times but found that I still had to do some things by hand and it took ages to unload and put everything away too so I stopped using it, I can't say that I've missed it. When/if we ever get the kitchen done to my specifications (rather than someone else's!) I shan't bother replacing it.

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top