Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

05-02-2013, 06:24 PM

Do you have a dishwasher?

We have had dishwashers since the early 80s; it is a kitchen appliance I would loathe to do without. When we sold our house last year we stayed with our eldest girl, a vicar, in her vicarage for two months whilst we were purchasing the property in which we now live, she doesn't have a dishwasher. I realised how much I detested washing up by hand day after day. We tried to persuade her to let us buy her one, but to no avail!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2013, 06:30 PM

Re: Do you have a dishwasher?

Yes I've had a dishwasher for over 40 years, a very good model too ..... called a 'husband'.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2013, 06:40 PM

Strange that Mags, I have the very same model but mine is older by four years it's never broken down or needed any parts replacing
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2013, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
Strange that Mags, I have the very same model but mine is older by four years it's never broken down or needed any parts replacing
You can't beat the older models for quality, can you Mal?
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2013, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
You can't beat the older models for quality, can you Mal?
You certainly can't, slow but steady
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2013, 06:59 PM

Sorry I'm with Willow on this one, hubby said in about 1985 why're we looking at dishwashers......... cos I want one............but there's only 3 of us............Yes dear and only 1 dishwasher, me, now clear off cos I'm having one. First one broke down about 4 yrs ago only 2 of us then but still replaced it as fast as I could, and I still use it now but it only goes on every couple of days.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2013, 07:07 PM

Oh! we have a dish washer, next it will be James fetch the car round I want to go next door.

What is wrong with washing up after a meal? Oh! diddums, does it play havoc with you hands? Hands that do dishes can be soft as your face with Mild Green Fairy Liquid.

Saving dirty pots, pans and dishes until there is enough to fill the dish washer is disgusting who knows what germs are breeding.
If you do not wait until there is a full load then you are not doing your bit to help the planet, it is not efficient to us dish washer with less than a full load.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2013, 07:12 PM

Yes, it's called me
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2013, 07:18 PM

Yes - me I was washing the dishes from when I was old enough to walk I would stand on a wee stool at the sink and wash the dishes, my big brother had to dry! I have been washing the dishes ever since!! I couldn't be bothered with dishwashers

Still they are good if one entertains!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2013, 07:27 PM

No the only dishwasher around here, is Me!!!!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top