Join for free
Page 182 of 370 « First < 82 132 172 180 181 182 183 184 192 232 282 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 10:42 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Annie your post has made me feel so guilty!
I used to swim sort of regularly, even managed 36 lengths last time, but this heatwave has sapped my energy and made me feel so washed out I haven't been for weeksc
Ruthio, there's nothing to feel guilty about. This heat is sapping everybody's energy. If my gym didn't have air conditioning there's no way I'd even be able to go in there let alone do any training.
It's surprising how quickly you can regain your fitness levels. In fact, a good long rest often rejuvenates the body and soul and invigorates the muscles.
You'll soon be back raring to go, I promise you
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 10:48 PM

Aawww thanks for the encouragement Floydy, if next week is a little bit cooler I'm going to make a real effort!
I've no excuses apart from the heat, as I'm at home nursing son no.2 after an op.
Mind you, looking at your amazing work-out schedules makes me so tired!!!!!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Aawww thanks for the encouragement Floydy, if next week is a little bit cooler I'm going to make a real effort!
I've no excuses apart from the heat, as I'm at home nursing son no.2 after an op.
Mind you, looking at your amazing work-out schedules makes me so tired!!!!!
Good girl, Ruthio. We heard it here first

I honestly don't know how I have so much energy this week. Very strange tbh. But I'm not complaining
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 11:57 AM

Well,Floydy,I am back fighting fit,I had a virus,which left me lethargic and weak,..just been jogging,then walk for a bit,it's strange,because I walk to most places,but usually end up jogging to my destination ,..I just don't ever want to lose my jogging ability,it makes me feel great afterwards.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

28-07-2018, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Well,Floydy,I am back fighting fit,I had a virus,which left me lethargic and weak,..just been jogging,then walk for a bit,it's strange,because I walk to most places,but usually end up jogging to my destination ,..I just don't ever want to lose my jogging ability,it makes me feel great afterwards.
Well done, Pauline. I'm pleased you're feeling better.
Give it a few days and I'm sure you'll be exercising regularly again
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

29-07-2018, 03:23 PM

I was at a birthday function last night until the early hours of this morning making today’s scheduled leg press an unwelcome chore to say the least. But it had to be done or my new programme would have been put on hold before it’s even got itself going, so my lethargic and rather uninterested effort went ahead as planned.

Sunday, 29/7/18: Day 4: Legs.
(All weights in kgs)

Incline press:
Target weight: 250kg; Target Reps: 100; Exercise type: Strength.
25x150, 20x200, 20x200, 15x230, 10x250, 10x250 = 100 reps.
21x100 high reps.
*Targets hit on the big weights nicely, so everything downhill from here.

Seated ham curls:
Target weight: 70kg; Target Reps: 50; Exercise type: Strength.
25x40, 20x50, 12x60, 7x70, 5x75 = 70 reps.
*Forgot the high reps but my target was surpassed by 20 reps, so an amendment will be noted there. I’ve also swapped this exercise with following one, giving the quads a little more time until the pressing continues.

Horizontal ‘sled’ press:
Target weight: 200kg; Target Reps: 100; Exercise type: Strength.
50x140, 30x170, 20x200 = 100 reps.
25x120 high reps.

Adductor:
Target weight: 60kg; Target Reps: 65; Exercise type: Supplementary.
30x60, 20x60, 15x60 = 65 reps.

Abductor:
Target weight: 50kg; Target Reps: 65; Exercise type: Supplementary.
30x50, 20x50, 15x55 = 65 reps.

Ab crunch:
Target weight:30kg; Target Reps: 100; Exercise type: Maintenance.
50x30 – feet to front
50x30 – feet to rear

Time: 45 mins.

In the event I got there despite feeling extremely hot and bothered with a half-decent session. All weights and reps will be increased next time where necessary.

Thanks for reading.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
If my gym didn't have air conditioning there's no way I'd even be able to go in there let alone do any training.
Definitely! The AC and the free chilled water dispenser acts as quite the incentive in this weather!

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
It's surprising how quickly you can regain your fitness levels.
Again, definitely. I started back at the gym about 4 or 5 months after a heart attack, and after a depressingly bad start (my stamina drained so fast...) I can withstand a workout of around 90 minutes to 120 minutes. It's taken me almost three months of 2 or 3 visits a week but it has done wonders for my stamina levels.

I wish I could focus more on leg workouts but I need surgery on both knees and dare not worsen the condition in the meantime. Pain is constant as it is, but levels skyrocket if I do too much with my knackered knees! I do just enough to keep the joints moving, hoping to help with flexibility and try to improve the muscle loss. Roll on the surgery is all I can say!
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 10:44 PM

Not checked in for a while

im doing a steady 25 miles a week at 4.5 miles and hour now

slowed up from those first two weeks as was just getting too exhausted

Now walk 6 days a week and take two "easy" walks of just 3 miles but hills, the other nights are as close to flat as we can find

we don't have a clue if what we are doing is "correct" but it works for us
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

30-07-2018, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Definitely! The AC and the free chilled water dispenser acts as quite the incentive in this weather!

Again, definitely. I started back at the gym about 4 or 5 months after a heart attack, and after a depressingly bad start (my stamina drained so fast...) I can withstand a workout of around 90 minutes to 120 minutes. It's taken me almost three months of 2 or 3 visits a week but it has done wonders for my stamina levels.

I wish I could focus more on leg workouts but I need surgery on both knees and dare not worsen the condition in the meantime. Pain is constant as it is, but levels skyrocket if I do too much with my knackered knees! I do just enough to keep the joints moving, hoping to help with flexibility and try to improve the muscle loss. Roll on the surgery is all I can say!
Hi Tachyon
Whilst your knee problems are obviously quite severe - is this a result of arthritis or some long-term injury, I think it's a fantastic achievement to still be able to put in a workout of around a couple of hours. That is a sign of not giving in; determination against the odds. Well done bud
Tell me, what does your training mainly consist of...weights or cardio, or a bit of each?
I had or still have rather, some knee pain which was much worse a year ago and I was almost going to give up leg work completely. Recently I've been gradually getting into more strength-based leg work, particularly using the horizontal sled press and my knees are virtually trouble-free this leads me to think that perhaps it wasn't arthritis at all. Very strange.

Obviously you are needing surgery, so I wouldn't recommend any such leg work yourself, but perhaps when you have had the operation it may be possible.

Whatever mate, take care and I hope the operation goes well enough to see you at least being able to train a little more soon.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

30-07-2018, 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Not checked in for a while

im doing a steady 25 miles a week at 4.5 miles and hour now

slowed up from those first two weeks as was just getting too exhausted

Now walk 6 days a week and take two "easy" walks of just 3 miles but hills, the other nights are as close to flat as we can find

we don't have a clue if what we are doing is "correct" but it works for us
Hi Missy.

Nice to see you back in here again

25 miles a week (presumably on foot, walking, not swimming?) is some going and you can be proud of yourself for that. As you say, there's no "correct" way wanting to exercise. We all have our variations of keeping fit - whatever suits our enjoyment. The main thing is that you're keeping it going and that's commendable in itself

Page 182 of 370 « First < 82 132 172 180 181 182 183 184 192 232 282 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top