Join for free
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 11:31 AM

DIY frustrations

When I was married my husband was very good at DIY , in fact we both renovated our old house together , gosh it was hard work , I knocked down walls , plastered , pushed wheelbarrows up and down stairs full of rubble and over the years it looked lovely . The big but is after the initial hard work of rebuilding was done the other important bits got left for months and even years . It frustrated me when he would leave things for such a long time or never do a job properly . I did a lot but some things I couldn't do . We had a shower cubicle installed in the bathroom ( we had knocked wall down as toilet and bathroom were separate ) no shower was put in so it was just the cubicle , my husband kept saying he would finish it but it was 4 years later after much pleading and asking I managed to earn enough money to pay a plumber to do the job and I could have a shower at last . We built a conservatory together yet it took months for the floor to be concreted and completed .

I'm smiling now because if I want a job doing I have a handy man who doesn't overcharge and does the job within hours , I don't have to ask and plead for it I just ring him up and he's here . Having just had new carpet laid and the lounge door taken off and planed it was all done with a smile and a few quid and a wave goodbye .

Ahh bliss

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top