Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2010, 05:28 PM

Heated Bebate

As usual a heated debate started this morning on Facebook involving politics. Favorite tactics began the debate and I can't sit back and hear the same old arguments. They start with the religion line stating how can you vote for a pro-abortion candidate? That's an easy one. The candidate doesn't make or change the law. Our system requires the public to vote either directly or indirectly for candidates that follow their constituents. My vote for president Obama doesn't mean I'm pro-abortion any more than if I had voted for McCain indicating I'm a war monger.

I can debate anybody because I keep informed and look at the underlying reasons for political stands. There were no weapons of mass destruction so why were we in Iraq or Afghanistan? I'm a Vietnam era vet who has seen this trap before and I won't support anyone willing to kill and maim our young for nothing.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2010, 07:21 PM

Re: Heated Bebate

Bob

Good luck to America tomorrow I hope sense will prevail, I think it will.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2010, 07:28 PM

Why do debates have to get heated?
Everyone has a right to their own opinion whether others agree with it or not.
The debate can only be won if one person convinces the other to change their views.

Politics and Religion are the biggest causes of war.

I hope you get the result that you want tomorrow.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2010, 09:49 PM

Doesn't look too good for our midterm elections tomorrow ... well, if you're not a Republican, that is!

Obama hasn't accomplished a lot of things we'd wished for, but it takes two to tango, and with an opposition that refuses to be bipartisan it ain't easy......
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2010, 10:13 PM

To me American politics seems a lot more complicated than British politics, but I do think that Obama hasn't had much of a chance yet. He could not have come into office at a worse time - the financial chaos with the banks, and the resulting recession have dominated recently. I would think that any party would be struggling to retain popularity with all that going on in the World. His determination to see a better health system is an admirable goal and I think he is well worth supporting. I think he makes a lot of sense, which I find refreshing.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2010, 10:54 AM

I don't think President Obama has been given much of a chance! I wish America luck in the forthcoming elections.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2010, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Why do debates have to get heated?
Everyone has a right to their own opinion whether others agree with it or not.
The debate can only be won if one person convinces the other to change their views.

Politics and Religion are the biggest causes of war.

I hope you get the result that you want tomorrow.
The result I want isn't going to happen. I never like any of the candidates that are running. I try to pick the one that will do the least amount of damage. I'm an Obama voter who feels he was handed a stacked deck even before he took office. Two years isn't a lot of time to get it all sorted out.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2010, 01:15 PM

Good luck America!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2010, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Good luck America!
Thanks, we need it!

Took 8 years of Bush to get us in this mess; now some people expect Obama to have ended the war, fixed the economy,cured our oil depemdence, passed a perfect health care bill, ended DADT and in general brought us into the Promised Land .... in 2 years, with opposition all the way! Puleeez!!!
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2010, 06:06 PM

Im sorry Bob but I just have to know if the 'bebate is a typo?lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top