Join for free
Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2017, 09:08 AM

Re: Caged birds

It's sad though .
I always think of cows friendly animals and pigs the fifth most intelligent being on the planet dying so we might eat.
In fact I should be a vegetarian but as I'm not that makes me a hypocrite
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2017, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
It's sad though .
I always think of cows friendly animals and pigs the fifth most intelligent being on the planet dying so we might eat.
In fact I should be a vegetarian but as I'm not that makes me a hypocrite
I've often thought about that aspect but am not vegetarian. I won't waste meat though. The animal died so I could live. It somehow seems worse to throw its flesh into a bin than it is to eat it. It died for nothing if its meat is just classed as rubbish and thrown away. I've eaten meat well past its sell-by date for that reason.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2017, 09:42 AM

I became vegetarian in my teens, my kids all eat vegetarian now too but it was up to them I always cooked meat if they wanted it and my husband has recently amazed me asking for no more meat he wanted to be vegetarian too !

I think as time goes on more and more will be doing that eventually eating meat will be off the menu.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2017, 10:03 AM

Back to birds for a post. I know the photograph below might be disapproved of but a budgie was always part of my family when I was growing up. My Dad had a way with them and they would hang onto the arm of his glasses as he walked around. Our dear old dog was so tolerant too. This photograph was taken about 53 years ago:

Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2017, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Really, well I certainly don't see it that way. The human animal has dominance over the rest who are there for human use, like food, clothing, medical experiments etc. One of course shouldn't be unnecessarily cruel to any animal, they should be dispatched in as humane a way as possible.
I beg to differ Tarantula. The human animal does not have dominance over the rest who are there for human use.... You would soon find out who was the dominant one if you were being chased by a lion. I doubt you would be the one eating the lion for your dinner
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2017, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
It's sad though .
In fact I should be a vegetarian but as I'm not that makes me a hypocrite :(

I feel the same as you Muddy.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2017, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Back to birds for a post. I know the photograph below might be disapproved of but a budgie was always part of my family when I was growing up. My Dad had a way with them and they would hang onto the arm of his glasses as he walked around. Our dear old dog was so tolerant too. This photograph was taken about 53 years ago:

Ah, that's nice Mart, what a tolerant boy.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2017, 10:28 AM

Puddleduck has just put up this quotation in another thread which I think is very appropriate and relevant to this one - in particular Tarantula's post about dominance over other creatures. Thank you Puddleduck.

"Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle"

It sounds romantic and sentimental, but if you stop to think about it I believe it to be a universal truth. Apologies for the digression.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

12-05-2017, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Puddleduck has just put up this quotation in another thread which I think is very appropriate and relevant to this one - in particular Tarantula's post about dominance over other creatures. Thank you Puddleduck.

"Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle"

It sounds romantic and sentimental, but if you stop to think about it I believe it to be a universal truth. Apologies for the digression.

So true, Aerolar.
Humans will realise when it is too late.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2017, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
So true, Aerolar.
Humans will realise when it is too late.
Some already have.

Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top