Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2011, 12:05 AM

Where Have You Lived?

Which towns, countries, places have you lived during your lifetime, and which was the place you liked above all else?

I have lived in many places, but the best place I ever lived was in Berlin back in the early 80s, before The Wall was demolished. What a place!
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2011, 12:08 AM

Re: Where Have You Lived?

I was born in Cheltenham, though never really resided there. For most of my life I have lived in Greater London, South and North East.
I went to boarding school in Dorset
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2011, 12:17 AM

Well, my travels are pretty far and wide. Being born in Wigan, Lancashire, I met my soldier husband and got married, then directly went to live in West Germany for two years.

Following there, we went to live in the beautiful city of Worcester for 12 months then lived in Hereford until our tour was over. Sadly, we then went to live in Londonderry at the height of the "troubles" over there, from 1979 to 1981 and we left on the same day that Earl Mountbatten was killed by the IRA.

Then we went to Berlin for two years, which was absolutely fantastic. I can't explain how wonderful it was as you'd have to experience it yourself and, with the greatest respect, it leaves London cold.

After that, we came back to England to live in Hampshire, which was very nice indeed but, coming to the end of my husband's 22 years in the Army, we were sent to the armpit of England - Catterick! Fortunately, we were only there a matter of freezing cold, deep-snowy months, then back to Wigan again.

I wouldn't change one moment of it though. A great experience!
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2011, 12:18 AM

I was born in Surrey, lived in Berkshire then up to Yorkshire and now down in Wales

I feel like a yo-yo
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

07-10-2011, 12:51 AM

Methinks we posted over each other, Carmen.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2011, 12:11 PM

[QUOTE=Mollie;131068]Well, my travels are pretty far and wide. Being born in Wigan, Lancashire, I met my soldier husband and got married, then directly went to live in West Germany for two years.

Following there, we went to live in the beautiful city of Worcester for 12 months then lived in Hereford until our tour was over. Sadly, we then went to live in Londonderry at the height of the "troubles" over there, from 1979 to 1981 and we left on the same day that Earl Mountbatten was killed by the IRA.

Mollie, I was brought up in Hereford and left when I was 15 when we moved to Didcot nr Oxford. I moved around Oxfordshire a bit before moving to the Solway Firth in Cumbria just over 3 years ago. Really like it here, just wish it wouldn't rain so much, but hey you can't have eveerything.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2011, 12:46 PM

Born in Croydon Surrey.. adopted very very young and was brought up in Buckinghamshire. Left Bucks in 95 and moved to South wales. In 2006 moved to North Yorkshire moor for a year then to North Lincs for about a year then back to another part of North Yorks then back to another part of North East Lincs.. the Yorks/Lincs thing was all unrelated, just pure coincidence. Left Lincs then in 2009 & went to West Wales where I stayed until July this year when I moved to Coventry
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2011, 12:49 PM

Oh! So it was you who wore that deep groove all up and down the A1(M) between Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2011, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by FridgeMagnet ->
Oh! So it was you who wore that deep groove all up and down the A1(M) between Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.
Lol probably!!
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2011, 02:45 PM

I was born in Torquay, Devon its a beautiful place, parents moved to Maidstone, Kent, still live near my parents,and love it here,but would consider moving back to Torquay

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top