Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
jmpark
New Member!
LEWES UK
jmpark is male 

04-11-2011, 03:21 PM

Bonfire night

I live in Lewes, which has the biggest celebrations on November 5th in Europe!!
The atmosphere is brilliant and the town "packed" from about 3pm until 2am!
I look forward to just being part of "Lewes" during these celebrations!
Here's to Saturday!!!
Whats everyone else doing tomorrow night?
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2011, 03:55 PM

Re: Bonfire night

That sounds like you have a big party to celebrate bonfire night.
I have just said on another thread that i am going to watch the fireworks from the comfort of my home by going into one of the upstairs rooms.
I have to admit that i dont like to be outside when they are going off, and my two beautiful girls (cats) get very scared at the loud noises.
Enjoy your celebrations in Lewes
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2011, 04:17 PM

We are going to Weston in the morning for a bit of fresh air and shopping, then once we are back home again, that will be it for the night. I am not keen on fireworks, my cat is frightened by all the loud noise they make, so the TV will be turned up to drown the noise.

Hope you enjoy your celebrations it sounds like a great event
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2011, 04:23 PM

I fetched out the cat door cover this morning, we rarely use it, and placed it on the worktop to remind me to put it on and keep Spark-plug in tonight and tomorrow evening. He has scarpered! They always know, don't they?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2011, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
I fetched out the cat door cover this morning, we rarely use it, and placed it on the worktop to remind me to put it on and keep Spark-plug in tonight and tomorrow evening. He has scarpered! They always know, don't they?
Cats certainly do know when you want them indoors, Mary ........ the same when they have a vet appointment, they disappear!
Margaret
Somerset
Margaret is female  Margaret has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2011, 05:28 PM

Mags, you can't be far away as I live in Weston. There will be major fireworks on the pier tomorrow I expect - the noise is horrendous - I feel so sorry for all the feral animals and the birds in the trees and roofs, My cats hate it as well. The boom these fireworks make actually shake the house. I am not a killjoy - but fireworks are now so over the top it is hard to believe and I hate the thought of all the money wasted - up in smoke when it could be put to better use.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2011, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Margaret ->
I feel so sorry for all the feral animals and the birds in the trees and roofs, My cats hate it as well. The boom these fireworks make actually shake the house. I am not a killjoy - but fireworks are now so over the top it is hard to believe and I hate the thought of all the money wasted - up in smoke when it could be put to better use.
Am with you on this Margaret...my poor cat will be petrified but the dogs will be fine. I live in a rural area and havent actually heard one go off yet but I'm sure tomorrow night there will be lots going off as there are children down the lane
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2011, 06:41 PM

Ooh and I meant to say I hope you enjoy your fireworks party Jim it sounds like its going to be some event
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2011, 06:49 PM

We've had them going off for a couple of weeks already as its Diwali.. they'll continue into mid Nov.
We'll be indoors with our take away and a bottle of wine and perhaps i'll hire a film to watch. The hawks will be ok in their travel boxes in the garage.. the dogs are fine too as are the ferrets and the little critters.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2011, 06:50 PM

I hope you all have a safe, enjoyable bonfire night wherever it is Folks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top