Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 06:03 PM

Re: Who is stupid?

I would never call anyone stupid, a moron, or an idiot....I do call myself it, from time to time, which I should stop, but..I sometimes roll my eyes at people's "nonsense".
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 06:05 PM

I guess I am stupid keep making stupid mistakes .
Too late now to change .
Dachs
Germany
Dachs is male  Dachs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 07:11 PM

Since hardly anyone is stupid in the true sense of the word I think what's meant in most cases is that some people call others "stupid" or an "idiot" when they disagree with what others have said or done.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Dachs ->
Since hardly anyone is stupid in the true sense of the word I think what's meant in most cases is that some people call others "stupid" or an "idiot" when they disagree with what others have said or done.
They don't just say stupid either on the dash cams, quite a lot of rude words are used also.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 08:11 PM

I cannot ever recall calling anyone stupid. I might say 'don't be daft' but it's a figure of speech and not meant as insulting.

I lack confidence in some areas due to a bullying teacher at school and he enjoyed making me feel stupid, he would single me out knowing I didn't know the answer to a maths question (I was hopeless at maths) and he really enjoyed embarrassing me. I have never forgotten how 'stupid' I felt because of that man and he left his mark and unfortunately I have never been able to shake off his bullying.

No one is stupid, we may make stupid decisions along the way but isn't that what life is about, learning lessons from our mistakes.

I really don't like people who put people down, I think they do it to make themselves seem more superior but really they have an inferiority complex themselves.

Does that even make sense what I've just said or have I just made myself look stupid.............oh well, shit happens and I'll move on, these days I don't really care if anyone thinks I'm stupid or not because I know I'm not, I excel in many areas of life and I've learned from stupid mistakes.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I cannot ever recall calling anyone stupid. I might say 'don't be daft' but it's a figure of speech and not meant as insulting.

I lack confidence in some areas due to a bullying teacher at school and he enjoyed making me feel stupid, he would single me out knowing I didn't know the answer to a maths question (I was hopeless at maths) and he really enjoyed embarrassing me. I have never forgotten how 'stupid' I felt because of that man and he left his mark and unfortunately I have never been able to shake off his bullying.

No one is stupid, we may make stupid decisions along the way but isn't that what life is about, learning lessons from our mistakes.

I really don't like people who put people down, I think they do it to make themselves seem more superior but really they have an inferiority complex themselves.

Does that even make sense what I've just said or have I just made myself look stupid.............oh well, shit happens and I'll move on, these days I don't really care if anyone thinks I'm stupid or not because I know I'm not, I excel in many areas of life and I've learned from stupid mistakes.
LQ far from making yourself look stupid you have demonstrated to me at lease that you are a person of wisdom and depth. You have looked into how that low life bullying teacher affected you and you have made sure you have never done the same thing to anybody else. nd most importantly of all you have learned from it without allowing it turn you into a person of vengeance who says.."It was done to me so I'm going to do it to everybody else"...All of that makes you about as far from "stupid" as you could be. So thanks for your candid response.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I guess I am stupid keep making stupid mistakes .
Too late now to change .
You don't make any mistakes with your great paintings. Always look forward to seeing them.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 02:36 AM

Everybody is stupid except you and me but sometimes I am not entirely sure about you.
keezoy
Australia

10-05-2021, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Everybody is stupid except you and me but sometimes I am not entirely sure about you.
Yes I know. You get that sometimes.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 06:52 AM

Anyone who gets a power tool or sharp implement and, continues to use it in a manner where they think to themselves "if I carry on doing this, I'm going to injure myself" and, they carry on, and it happens is "Stupid", no getting past it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top