Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2021, 07:13 PM

Re: Are You A Precise Packer?

I'm a chucker. Throw it all in then take it to a safe place to rearrange it. Don't do it so much now I have discovered online shopping.....hang on though, I still chuck it from the delivery trays into the shopping bags then through to the kitchen to chuck it in the cupboards and fridge. Yep, a chucker I am and a chucker I'll stay.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2021, 07:56 PM

I use the self-checkouts at Lidl and my bags are packed in order. Stuff for the fridge and freezer in one bag, tinned goods and milk in another then items like bread and eggs placed on top of the goods in the bags. Simple and efficient with no holding anyone else up. Bags unpacked in reverse order at home.
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2021, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Those people who precisly pack their bags in the super market must be rudest ,ignorant folk on the planet.
They insist on packing their shopping leaving everyone waiting then get to payment ,they disgust me ,I say ,get a damn life ,there are more important things than packing the shopping ,just so ,and of course it means we are longer in the supermarket and more at risk.
It is usually men by the way !!

lol,lol
You hit the nail on the head, APRICOT. A typical "I don't give a s*** about anyone but me" character. They should get the hell out of the way and repack their bags in the parking lot if they can't resist doing it.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2021, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by DaveA ->
You hit the nail on the head, APRICOT. A typical "I don't give a s*** about anyone but me" character. They should get the hell out of the way and repack their bags in the parking lot if they can't resist doing it.
Yep. We know the type!! They'll be the ones who fill up their car with petrol and go into the shop part and do a weekly shop before ambling back to their car, get into it and prattle around before bothering to drive off and make space for another driver to fill up. Kill them, that's what I say!!!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2021, 09:36 PM

Other than packing the cold and frozen items together, I treat checking out like an act of frenetic cooperation. I'd describe my activity as akin to the Tasmanian Devil. I'm in an out of that line in a flash.

However, when it comes to packing, I treat it like an artform. I even use a spreadsheet for what I plan to wear each day, a habit I started when the kids were little. I employ all sorts of tricks - hotel shower caps on shoes, socks tucked into shoes so the shoes keep their shapes, tissue paper, outfits packed from those worn last on the bottom, to those worn first on top. It's downright obnoxious .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2021, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
However, when it comes to packing, I treat it like an artform. I even use a spreadsheet for what I plan to wear each day, a habit I started when the kids were little. I employ all sorts of tricks - hotel shower caps on shoes, socks tucked into shoes so the shoes keep their shapes, tissue paper, outfits packed from those worn last on the bottom, to those worn first on top. It's downright obnoxious .

It's called 'Rotation' Surfermom, it's just a fact of life, everybody does it .....Don't they?....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2021, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
[/B]

It's called 'Rotation' Surfermom, it's just a fact of life, everybody does it .....Don't they?....
Most suitcases I've seen look like they'v exploded after day two of vacation. Guilty as charged when panicking over a missing or possibly forgotten item .
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 04:36 PM

Back to shopping and packing, I live quite near the supermarket, so I am not too fussy about the packing, as long as heavy cans, boxes, goes on the bottom of the bag. The softer delicate items like bread,eggs, tomatoes, fruit stays on top so as not to be smushed.

After all, even a bra has two individual cups, right? Right??
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2021, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
Back to shopping and packing, I live quite near the supermarket, so I am not too fussy about the packing, as long as heavy cans, boxes, goes on the bottom of the bag. The softer delicate items like bread,eggs, tomatoes, fruit stays on top so as not to be smushed.

After all, even a bra has two individual cups, right? Right??
If you say so Right Now.....
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2021, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
If you say so Right Now.....
It has worked for me so far, Foxie

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top