Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 05:10 PM

Re: The Triple Lock.

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Doesn't matter. Circumstances have changed. If people can pay for their needs they SHOULD pay for themselves up to and including liquidating possessions such as houses. They should NOT expect tax payers to give them money while they have assets themselves.
In that case then Todger we should do away with National Insurance, etc. All the things which the government make us subscribe to in the expectation that we are doing the right thing. Some people end up paying twice, leading a frugal and economic life within their means whilst trying to save something for their older age. Either let us all opt out of it and stand on our two feet or pay into a system where we have no option to opt out and take care of ourselves with the money we contribute. Why should the prudent be penalised for trying to prepare for their own age (separate to the state) when others don't bother. They assume the "state" will provide. Certainly we would probably have been far better off sorting our own economic security out and adding those enforced contributions to our own, instead of being forced into something with very little benefit.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
In that case then Todger we should do away with National Insurance, etc. All the things which the government make us subscribe to in the expectation that we are doing the right thing. Some people end up paying twice, leading a frugal and economic life within their means whilst trying to save something for their older age. Either let us all opt out of it and stand on our two feet or pay into a system where we have no option to opt out and take care of ourselves with the money we contribute. Why should the prudent be penalised for trying to prepare for their own age (separate to the state) when others don't bother. They assume the "state" will provide. Certainly we would probably have been far better off sorting our own economic security out and adding those enforced contributions to our own, instead of being forced into something with very little benefit.

National insurance, better known as a job tax, is not hypothecated but just like the former Road Tax, now Vehicle Excise Tax lumped in with other taxes into the Treasury.

It's the treasury that funds the NHS, it's the treasury that is the source of ALL government money that goes out as hand-outs, it's the treasury --- get the picture?

Think of it as the price that most people have to pay to live in the UK.

It's the treasury that provides the extra £14 billion that subsidies Scotland, it's the treasury that pays for all the immigrants that don't work it's the treasury that indirectly pays for all the illegals.

And the only source of the money?

Taxes and loans that will have to be serviced by --- tax payers.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 06:28 PM

National insurance, better known as a job tax, is not hypothecated but just like the former Road Tax, now Vehicle Excise Tax lumped in with other taxes into the Treasury.

It's the treasury that funds the NHS, it's the treasury that is the source of ALL government money that goes out as hand-outs, it's the treasury --- get the picture?

It's the treasury that provides the extra £14 billion that subsidies Scotland, it's the treasury that pays for all the immigrants that don't work it's the treasury that indirectly pays for all the illegals.

Yes I know that - perhaps it is time to take a good look at the whole thing and overhaul it dramatically. In the meantime, nobody will be allowed to come to my door to try to take my hard earned property/security away. We have worked hard for it all our lives and we will maintain control of it whilever we can.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 06:37 PM

Yes I know that - perhaps it is time to take a good look at the whole thing and overhaul it dramatically. In the meantime, nobody will be allowed to come to my door to try to take my hard earned property/security away. We have worked hard for it all our lives and we will maintain control of it whilever we can.
If there comes a time when you/we need help from the state and we have property or savings above a set amount, and it won't be much, the authorities will take it from us. Changes in current law - undoubtedly but it will happen. In fact we're well en route now. It's not a nice prospect but there really is no other way.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

21-06-2021, 06:52 PM

If there comes a time when you/we need help from the state and we have property or savings above a set amount, and it won't be much, the authorities will take it from us. Changes in current law - undoubtedly but it will happen. In fact we're well en route now. It's not a nice prospect but there really is no other way.
I suppose so AT. I think I'll go out and have a good spend and then live in a tent. Oh no wait a minute I can still do that spend and go and live with my kids.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

21-06-2021, 07:41 PM

I suppose so AT. I think I'll go out and have a good spend and then live in a tent. Oh no wait a minute I can still do that spend and go and live with my kids.
Sounds like a plan!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 07:52 PM

Triple Lock is a rip off. Scam politics.

2% each year if you're lucky, whilst the real cost of living goes up by 10%.

I'm thinking of voting Labour.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

21-06-2021, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Triple Lock is a rip off. Scam politics.

2% each year if you're lucky, whilst the real cost of living goes up by 10%.

I'm thinking of voting Labour.
I believe a great many people may well do just that, especially if Bercow were to become party leader. Maybe even more than if Blair was to join the fray.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 08:26 PM

I believe a great many people may well do just that, especially if Bercow were to become party leader. Maybe even more than if Blair was to join the fray.
Yeah ... print more money, double the state pension, the kids will pick up the pieces.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 02:18 PM

I'm a bit confused here Todgy, does the treasury own the banks?
Or do the banks own the treasury ?
Doesn't the treasury borrow it's money to fund national expenditure?
Who from?
Banks or the stock exchange? Or are they the same thing ??
Somebody seems to have a shitload of money laying around
somewhere??
Or is there NO money as such anymore, and money is now
CREATED ON DEMAND from treasuries ??
Perhaps there is no real need to work anymore, it's just to occupy
our minds ? And stop us thinking where the moolah comes from !!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top