Join for free
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2014, 01:06 PM

How do I work this out???

I have been prescribe 2 different drugs to address a persistent sinus infection one drug is 1 tablet 3 times a day with food no prob.....the next tablet is 2 tabs 4 times a day on a empty stomach or 1hr before meals.....I am trying to work out how to work it as one contradicts the other.....
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2014, 01:13 PM

Re: How do I work this out???

Two before and one after breakfast, same for lunch and evening meal and two before bed.
Sorted.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2014, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by ukmartian ->
I have been prescribe 2 different drugs to address a persistent sinus infection one drug is 1 tablet 3 times a day with food no prob.....the next tablet is 2 tabs 4 times a day on a empty stomach or 1hr before meals.....I am trying to work out how to work it as one contradicts the other.....
They are two different drugs so you take the three a day ones with food and the four times a day ones an hour before breakfast, lunch, evening meal and bedtime.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2014, 02:46 PM

I'm so glad I don't take any pills cos it can sound a bit confusing at times.
I suppose there will come a time, but for now...
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2014, 07:40 PM

Well its worked out ...I am not taking 1 of them anymore ...they made me feel so ill ..I felt so sick , I was wretching in the car , and I felt terrible and weird..so I contacted the pharmacist and phoned the doctor to confirm which of the 2 could causing the problem and was told it was Metronidazole..that just leaves me with the penicillin which is easier to manage....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2014, 11:43 PM

If you have to take one three times a day, that means one every eight hours; one four times a day is one every six hours, you divide 24 hours by the number of times a day. Just in case you get anything else, you may have to change meal times etc. to fit them in, you don't have to follow this, but that is the correct way to take medicines.

(Don't like to give advice but, just in case anyone wants to know I'm a fully qualified pharmacy technician.)
ukmartian
Ipswich uk

29-03-2014, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
If you have to take one three times a day, that means one every eight hours; one four times a day is one every six hours, you divide 24 hours by the number of times a day. Just in case you get anything else, you may have to change meal times etc. to fit them in, you don't have to follow this, but that is the correct way to take medicines.

(Don't like to give advice but, just in case anyone wants to know I'm a fully qualified pharmacy technician.)
Thanks Twizard .....is easy enough with 1 drug...but 2 a problem ...the maths i could do 1 in morning on empty stomach grrrr first thing i do is have breakfast ..but the other is take with food ...changing meal time was not going to be a option ....and getting up in night to have a meal is laughable.....basically my day will be into 16 hrs....but now i have only 1 to worry about a bit easier ....
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 09:41 PM

Hope it does the trick, I've developed a phobia of taking medication, I only take what's absolutely necessary.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top