Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 09:06 PM

Are You A Precise Packer?

I was at the checkout in Waitrose today behind a man who was packing away the groceries he had bought.
Well there’s packing and there’s just throw it all in the bag packing but this one was an ‘off the scale’ packer.
I had never seen such a precise packer as this man!

He had four upright bags waiting in line to be filled. He would hold up each package, turn it this way and then that way to see the best way to fit the item in the bag.
I knew which stuff was for the freezer as the bag was so thick!

Talk about watching paint dry as l stood there patiently and in fact, quite fascinated by his method.

My mind then wandered thinking how long it must take him to pack a suitcase to go on holiday. Would he be just as precise?
I know you’ll probably say, l was a nosy busybody and l should have averted my eyes but l was absolutely mesmerised!

So l ask you, what sort of packer are you.... just neatly, a precise packer or do you just fling everything in?

Please be honest as l’d love to read your thoughts on this.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 09:25 PM

Re: Are You A Precise Packer?

I'm precise in everything I do Arty, you should see my wardrobe.... So boring according to Mrs Fox.

As the song goes......."An Englishman Takes Time!"
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I'm precise in everything I do Arty, you should see my wardrobe.... So boring according to Mrs Fox.

As the song goes......."An Englishman Takes Time!"
Foxy, Do you run in a precise way too?
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 09:31 PM

Those people who precisly pack their bags in the super market must be rudest ,ignorant folk on the planet.
They insist on packing their shopping leaving everyone waiting then get to payment ,they disgust me ,I say ,get a damn life ,there are more important things than packing the shopping ,just so ,and of course it means we are longer in the supermarket and more at risk.
It is usually men by the way !!

lol,lol
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

02-02-2021, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Those people who precisly pack their bags in the super market must be rudest ,ignorant folk on the planet.
They insist on packing their shopping leaving everyone waiting then get to payment ,they disgust me ,I say ,get a damn life ,there are more important things than packing the shopping ,just so ,and of course it means we are longer in the supermarket and more at risk.
It is usually men by the way !!

lol,lol
Apricot, l would have liked to have been a fly on the wall in his house when he unpacked it and put it away.
He’s probably still arranging it so precisely in his cupboards and drawers as we speak!!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by artangel ->
apricot, l would have liked to have been a fly on the wall in his house when he unpacked it and put it away.
he’s probably still arranging it so precisely in his cupboards and drawers as we speak!!
Cakeman
Essex, uk
Cakeman is male 

02-02-2021, 09:40 PM

as long as it goes in bag chuck it in... but i make sure me eggs n bread on top lol.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 09:43 PM

Put items on checkout in the order I would like to pack them but always end up in a mess because the checkout operator can scan quicker than I pack.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 09:46 PM

Everything gets thrown in, I once packed heavy items on a pack of breadbuns, Mrs p was not impressed..
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 09:59 PM

In the days when we went to the supermarket (seems a lifetime ago) I was a precise packer. I'd joke with the checkout person that there'd be trouble if I squashed anything.

We'd sometimes see our neighbours in the supermarket. They used to remark on the way the items in our trolley were so carefully placed and stacked.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top