Join for free
Page 24 of 42 « First < 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 02:31 AM

Re: Churchill NZ under lockdown!

agreed swimfeeders always the voice of reason!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Hear, hear! Well said.
Not really. Considering it's taken US , France, UK , Kurds and the SDF 5 yrs to almost eradicate only two places of these ISIS extremists., 10,000's of members, doesn't compare to maybe 100 radicals in UK.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-mi...QZ0IT?rpc=401&

There are thousands still holed up in other places in Syria..
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Not really. Considering it's taken US , France, UK , Kurds and the SDF 5 yrs to almost eradicate only two places of these ISIS extremists., 10,000's of members, doesn't compare to maybe 100 radicals in UK.

100? I wish!

Back in September 2017 an article in The Independent newspaper reported that in the UK THEN there were a known TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND "extremist" (I say devout) Muslims in the UK with THREE THOUSAND considered a direct threat to our country and FIVE HUNDRED under constant surveillance.

Now The Indy is hardly known as a Right Wing rabble rousing rag and the sources that it quotes are very legitimate, in addition similar reports have been made and continue to be made but with escalating numbers but I'm disinclined to quote from such sources as The Daily Wail or even worse the Sun!

100? In a pigs eye!

BTW - assume that the number of 800 devout and observant Muslims have to be monitored constantly then by my quick and dirty math that means that around 3000 plus members of the security forces are being tied up in this. 3000 is probably a very conservative figure and the number of 800 no doubt will have risen considerably by now.

Then there's the three thousand, a number that by now will have risen that are attracting attention of our security forces. How many security folk does that the up? That's a number I can only guess at but it'll be more than zero!

One thing is for certain sure, having to divert so many people and so much resources for this explains why our front line policing has had to be reduced and also why this has to be kept under wraps.

I mean, just imagine the howls of protest from The Usual Suspects if it became known just what a real and present threat we face let alone the HUGE costs it is to our country.

And that doesn't even consider the costs of the knock on costs from the remainder that make up the 2017 figure of TWENTY-FIVE THOUSAND.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 10:38 AM

I can't agree I think they were rather caught in a bad place with so many innocents in the region, no one had a stomach for another war, we were looking for a way to stop it didn't kill children and innocent Syrians. It was only when they abandoned any attempt to save lives it came to a head and started to turn. It was also very difficult to know who the bad guys were in the region still hard to pin point that one, do you kill the man killing his own subjects or the ones fighting against him. No one actually came out well in this IMO.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
100? I wish!

Back in September 2017 an article in The Independent newspaper reported that in the UK THEN there were a known TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND "extremist" (I say devout) Muslims in the UK with THREE THOUSAND considered a direct threat to our country and FIVE HUNDRED under constant surveillance.

Now The Indy is hardly known as a Right Wing rabble rousing rag and the sources that it quotes are very legitimate, in addition similar reports have been made and continue to be made but with escalating numbers but I'm disinclined to quote from such sources as The Daily Wail or even worse the Sun!

100? In a pigs eye!

BTW - assume that the number of 800 devout and observant Muslims have to be monitored constantly then by my quick and dirty math that means that around 3000 plus members of the security forces are being tied up in this. 3000 is probably a very conservative figure and the number of 800 no doubt will have risen considerably by now.

Then there's the three thousand, a number that by now will have risen that are attracting attention of our security forces. How many security folk does that the up? That's a number I can only guess at but it'll be more than zero!

One thing is for certain sure, having to divert so many people and so much resources for this explains why our front line policing has had to be reduced and also why this has to be kept under wraps.

I mean, just imagine the howls of protest from The Usual Suspects if it became known just what a real and present threat we face let alone the HUGE costs it is to our country.

And that doesn't even consider the costs of the knock on costs from the remainder that make up the 2017 figure of TWENTY-FIVE THOUSAND.
Scary isn't it.....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I can't agree I think they were rather caught in a bad place with so many innocents in the region, no one had a stomach for another war, we were looking for a way to stop it didn't kill children and innocent Syrians. It was only when they abandoned any attempt to save lives it came to a head and started to turn. It was also very difficult to know who the bad guys were in the region still hard to pin point that one, do you kill the man killing his own subjects or the ones fighting against him. No one actually came out well in this IMO.
The Russians certainly did!

But let's keep in mind that the brouhaha in Syria came about when islamic forces attacked the legitimate and democratically elected Syrian government.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 11:06 AM

The Russians certainly did!

But let's keep in mind that the brouhaha in Syria came about when islamic forces attacked the legitimate and democratically elected Syrian government.
That's what I said you managed to sound like you disagreed with me though. clever.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 12:04 PM

100? I wish!

Iraqn
100? In a pigs eye!

There's a difference between Radicals and Extremists. Swim referred to Radicals .
Thought to be 80,000 - 100,000 ISIS members in Syria and Iraq. 40,000 of those said to be foreign fighters. Plus Al Nusra, Free Syrian Army, Jaysh al-Islam ,Ahrar al-Sham, Chechen Army and so many more, I doubt very much there are 25,000 of the same in UK.

Now not forgetting the Turkish Army either that are looting artifacts and archeological monuments from Allepo at this very moment.

With regard to civilians and children being killed, the US coalition have been responsible for many deaths, it's just not reported by the Western media. Having said that, it's hardly surprising when bombing the enclaves was the only way to get them out.
The same applies to Assad. How could he free the civilians that were being controlled by ISIS in Aleppo, Ghouta, Daraa and now Idlib without bombing.
If I remember it was the US that went into Iraq and opened the prison doors for the prisoners to escape. When we meddle in other countries that have kept their terrorists in containment for so many years due to their criminal activities, we lift the lid off and then reap the repercussions and so do the innocents.
The Syrian war was manipulated for reasons not to be mentioned, and it has already been admitted to. I hope all those responsible rot .
And now we have the far right taking revenge in what are supposed to be civilised countries because of the rhetoric and media hate towards innocents.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

18-03-2019, 12:26 PM

There's a difference between Radicals and Extremists. Swim referred to Radicals .
Thought to be 80,000 - 100,000 ISIS members in Syria and Iraq. 40,000 of those said to be foreign fighters. Plus Al Nusra, Free Syrian Army, Jaysh al-Islam ,Ahrar al-Sham, Chechen Army and so many more, I doubt very much there are 25,000 of the same in UK.

With regard to civilians and children being killed, the US coalition have been responsible for many deaths, it's just not reported by the Western media. Having said that, it's hardly surprising when bombing the enclaves was the only way to get them out.
The same applies to Assad. How could he free the civilians that were being controlled by ISIS in Aleppo, Ghouta, Daraa and now Idlib without bombing.
If I remember it was the US that went into Iraq and opened the prison doors for the prisoners to escape. When we meddle in other countries that have kept their terrorists in containment for so many years due to their criminal activities, we lift the lid off and then reap the repercussions and so do the innocents.
The Syrian war was manipulated for reasons not to be mentioned, and it has already been admitted to. I hope all those responsible rot .
And now we have the far right taking revenge in what are supposed to be civilised countries because of the rhetoric and media hate towards innocents.
The so called extremists are devout activists, as are their supporters, and frequently their apologists.

Radicals is not an appropriate description to use, radical means to take a path off the mainstream and can only be applied to such groups as the Sufi who are declared to be apostate by Sunni and Shi'ah alike

As for the deaths that have taken place in the Syrian conflict, the blood is on the heads of the jihadists that attacked Syria.

In the case of The Caliphate the bloodshed is no different than the centuries of bloodshed caused by and to the followers of Old Mo waging wars of acquisition on people with the intent of taking over their lands --- and lives.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 01:23 PM

To the best of my knowledge no Western papers reported this at the time

But I think a lot of Muslims would say they brought it on them selves.

http://www.bpnews.net/52500/40-chris...cks-in-nigeria

Page 24 of 42 « First < 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top