Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2019, 10:56 PM

Re: Partners

We used to exchange gifts when the kids were little - our one son and the nieces and nephews all around the same age - mostly the exchange was from us to the kids. It was like one big family that way. But now that the kids are all grown up it's different. It's just the three of us. We have a slightly different system. the three of us sit down and decide on getting something we all want. Like last year it was a new media centre. The year before it was a nice holiday away for Christmas etc. Then we host the family for Christmas dinner because we have the biggest entertaining areas inside and out so they can all fit. That's it.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 06:22 AM

Yes I still buy....have to admit it's more the parcel than the present these days...there it sits under the tree waiting for Christmas morning.....I would feel so mean if he didn't have a anything to open
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 09:44 AM

We exchange a few presents. Nothing massive but some stocking fillers.
My wife is extremely difficult to buy for and never tells me what she wants so I just spend a couple of hours each December mooching around Morrisons, Next, M&S etc dropping things in a basket.
I never buy her clothes, that's an impossible task for a man to do where a woman is concerned. Instead I'll give her gift cards for Primark or M&Co.

It's more for the grandkids tbh.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 11:38 AM

We never bothered with presents as it became increasingly difficult to think of things and to be honest, even when I gave my husband explicit instructions on what to get me, he'd get it wrong

We used to keep the money for other more interesting things.

But...neither of us liked Christmas at all. I think it's fine if you're in the spirit of the season but I never have been.

Bloody hate Christmas.

Bah humbug
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 11:51 AM

My ex partner used to get me one of those romantic Christmas cards in a box.
It always reminded me of my mother’s words when l was young and lived at home. As a legal secretary she dealt with lots of divorces.
Her words were, ‘Never trust a man who sends you a big romantic lovey dovey card in a box. They are the worst’!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
My ex partner used to get me one of those romantic Christmas cards in a box.
It always reminded me of my mother’s words when l was young and lived at home. As a legal secretary she dealt with lots of divorces.
Her words were, ‘Never trust a man who sends you a big romantic lovey dovey card in a box. They are the worst’!
Your Mother was very wise, on the face of it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top