Join for free
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 06:29 PM

This Week's Silliest Mistake?

Today, I went to make myself a cup of Gravy, in the kitchen, got an empty cup, put 4 teaspoonfulls in, and stirred for the appropriate time.

Only as I poured it on my Yorkshire Pudding did I realise that I'd made it with coffee powder instead of my Bisto granules.

(Not too bad tasting though!)

Can you beat that?

Dozy old B!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 06:37 PM

Re: This Week's Silliest Mistake?

Different! I bet you never do it again!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 06:42 PM

I'd stick with using the coffee before I'd use Bisto.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 07:32 PM

I love toast topped with mashed banana. I usually sprinkle some cinnamon powder on top but, one morning, I picked out the jar of cumin instead - different - but, as you said, ST, it was a mistake I haven't made since.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 07:46 PM

ahhhhhhhhhhhh coffee
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 07:54 PM

Poor you, Ted. I did something similar a while back.

l had two jugs. One with custard powder mixed with cold milk waiting to have the hot milk added. The other with the gravy granules mixed with the water from the vegetables.
l tipped the sediment from the meat into the custard powder mixed with milk? Instead of tipping it into the gravy liquid.

When you’re doing so much at once, it’s easily done.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 08:00 PM

You're only young once.

shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 08:04 PM

It's easily done, How many times have I picked up the kettle, opened the lid to add water from the tap after already boiling some water already to warm the teapot, Yep, tipped the boiling water out of the teapot, ready to put my Yorkshire Tea Bags in, only to plop them into the open lidded kettle instead!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 09:04 PM

How about playing backgammon late at night after several whiskeys. Dropping the dice into my glass instead of the shaker box and drenching my wife with a nice Jack Daniels.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 09:13 PM

I have put coffee in my cup, gone off and started something else, then come back and put a tea bag on top of the coffee and poured the water on.
An interesting taste!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top