Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2019, 12:30 AM

Climate Change - This Should Make You Laugh

I thought this was brilliant

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/w...limate-change/
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2019, 01:28 AM

Re: Climate Change - This Should Make You Laugh

No doubt apocryphal but it gets the message across.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2019, 09:42 AM

Greta needs to think it out again....
King Canute proved he, or any other mortal, could not interfere with nature....How quickly we forget the lessons of the past....
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2019, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Greta needs to think it out again....
King Canute proved he, or any other mortal, could not interfere with nature....How quickly we forget the lessons of the past....
I wonder how much oil based products are used in the manufacture of her expensive sailing gear....
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2019, 01:28 PM

Very good..

Another amusing event is the Climate Change Conference in Madrid as we speak. CoP 25

Representatives from more than 200 countries who no doubt arrived by air, meeting together to discuss climate change.
Surely in this day and age it would be better to use video link, but they might miss out of the dinner parties providing exotic foods and delicacy temptations from all over the world !
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

04-12-2019, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Very good..

Another amusing event is the Climate Change Conference in Madrid as we speak. CoP 25

Representatives from more than 200 countries who no doubt arrived by air, meeting together to discuss climate change.
Surely in this day and age it would be better to use video link, but they might miss out of the dinner parties providing exotic foods and delicacy temptations from all over the world !
I see Extinction Rebellion have glued themselves to the Lib Dems electric bus

Idiots...
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2019, 01:16 PM

Greta is doing what she can to convey a hugely important message. Ridiculing her or the message that she is sending is to be making the most awful mistake.
Savvy
United States
Savvy is male  Savvy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2019, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Greta is doing what she can to convey a hugely important message. Ridiculing her or the message that she is sending is to be making the most awful mistake.
I couldn't agree more.

Big business and their political minions want you to think that there is nothing to be done, so that they can just keep on destroying the environment and pulling in the money.

It doesn't matter to me personally, I will be dead from other causes before the worst comes. That is the same approach of big business and big money. To hell with the future, let it be someone else's problem.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2019, 08:20 PM

Climate Change - This Should Make You Laugh

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/w...limate-change/

Sorry Bread ... doesn't make me laugh.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2019, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Savvy ->
I couldn't agree more.

Big business and their political minions want you to think that there is nothing to be done, so that they can just keep on destroying the environment and pulling in the money.

It doesn't matter to me personally, I will be dead from other causes before the worst comes. That is the same approach of big business and big money. To hell with the future, let it be someone else's problem.

Savvy, a question I asked someone a long time ago, probably before I had kids, Who "Really" cares about the future?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top