Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 01:53 PM

WASPI and Voting

Are you (or your partner, if you are a male) affected by the change in retirement age?

If so, has Labour's pledge to reimburse the WASPI women affected the way you intend to vote on Thursday?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 01:54 PM

Re: WASPI and Voting

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
Are you (or your partner, if you are a male) affected by the change in retirement age?

If so, has Labour's pledge to reimburse the WASPI women affected the way you intend to vote on Thursday?
A relative of ours is a WASPI and yesterday she said she will vote labour.

I asked if she thought she would get her money and that she could trust labour to deliver on their promise (she has always voted conservative before) and she wasn't too sure.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 01:59 PM

Mrs Cathode is but still isn't voting Labour. Doesn't make much difference here as it will either be Labour or SNP.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 02:01 PM

I retired before the new arrangements came into force.

However my standard state pension is £129.20 per week, those who retired later will get £168.60 per week while those who retired earlier will not.

It is 'swings and roundabouts'I guess.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
A relative of ours is a WASPI and yesterday she said she will vote labour. I asked if she thought she would get her money and that she could trust labour to deliver on their promise (she has always voted conservative before) and she wasn't too sure.
I too know several people who are doing likewise for the same reason - surely, if successful in the election, Labour couldn't back-track on their commitment?

Of course, here in Scotland it could be just what is needed to keep the SNP out of office.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland

09-12-2019, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I retired before the new arrangements came into force.

However my standard state pension is £129.20 per week, those who retired later will get £168.60 per week while those who retired earlier will not.

It is 'swings and roundabouts'I guess.
Yes, Meg, I am in the same position as you.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Last Tango ->
Of course, here in Scotland it could be just what is needed to keep the SNP out of office.

Let's hope so.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 04:40 PM

Well, enjoy it while you can if Labour get into power. With their magic money tree to supply the hundreds of billions of pounds needed for their give away to every person and organisation they have promised the money to, there will be zilch left in the coffers for anything.
WE WILL BE BANKRUPT.

Surely people are STILL not being fooled into any of the parties manifesto promises about money? How many more times do you need to be deceived to realise manifesto promises are basically pie-in-the-sky in order to get your vote.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland

09-12-2019, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Well, enjoy it while you can if Labour get into power. With their magic money tree to supply the hundreds of billions of pounds needed for their give away to every person and organisation they have promised the money to, there will be zilch left in the coffers for anything.
WE WILL BE BANKRUPT.

Surely people are STILL not being fooled into any of the parties manifesto promises about money? How many more times do you need to be deceived to realise manifesto promises are basically pie-in-the-sky in order to get your vote.
I am neither a WASPI woman nor a Labour voter, however it must be tempting for those women (and indeed their partners) who feel aggrieved to allow their vote "to be bought". A sneaky move by Labour, if you ask me!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2019, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
WE WILL BE BANKRUPT.

It took over 10 years of austerity to sort the last labour mess out. Imagine how much austerity it would take to sort Corbyn and McDonnells stupid ideas ?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top