Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2015, 09:24 AM

In the pub...

Every year for as long as I can remember Tony has gone out for a Christmas lunch pint with the male members of his family. He used to take his dad and then he went with his brothers.

Nowadays our son Ady comes and takes Tony out for his Christmas pint. My lovely daughter in law Paula is happy for this tradition to carry on.

Will anybody on here be going to the pub this Christmas Day?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2015, 09:31 AM

Re: In the pub...

No I won't
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2015, 09:38 AM

Used to be good - wouldn't be the same now, so I wouldn't go
If you know a nice family pub, twoud be nice
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2015, 09:41 AM

Our pub opens at 11am and closes at 3pm..

Were eating Christmas dinner with the family between those times. Which i think is more important....
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2015, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
Our pub opens at 11am and closes at 3pm..

Were eating Christmas dinner with the family between those times. Which i think is more important....
it's not obligatory to stay in the pub all that time. My Tony usually returns when I tell him lunch will be ready. Usually I cook it for 2.00pm. I wouldn't want him at home with a pinny tied round him doing the cooking as some men do.
He does however, prepare all the veg before he goes out.

I like him to have his little pleasure...
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2015, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
No I won't
And...nor will I !
We shall be enjoying a glass of port together and opening our presents whilst the turkey and ham are cooking and wafting the delicious smell through to us from the kitchen !

Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2015, 10:45 AM

Used to have to go with the FIL to the club, it was a chore but as our guest i felt obliged.. Did go to a local one Christmas, but the atmosphere was lacking, so i have my own booze to hand these days.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2015, 11:38 AM

I can't remember the last time I went to a pub (in GB) for just a drink, it's usually a meal and a pint.
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2015, 11:42 AM

I remember as a child, my father was in the army in Nottingham.
On Christmas Day the turkey or whatever it was, was put in the oven, and Dad, Mum and myself went off to the Sgts, Mess.
Then back home to have dinner.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2015, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I can't remember the last time I went to a pub (in GB) for just a drink, it's usually a meal and a pint.
Same here Alan....and I also think you need to have a very full wallet too, drink prices are extortionate !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top